No sound for text messages, phone calls etc..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hockey816, Oct 5, 2009.

1. hockey816

hockey816 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Ok my iphone is turned all the way up, i can listen to music out of the speakers and everything, but i dont get a ringer for calls, texts or even the keyboard clicks..whats going on? My silent button on the side is loose, thats the only thing i can think of but im not sure. Can anyone help...
  2. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Did you check your settings and make sure that the sounds you mentioned are enabled?
  3. hockey816

hockey816 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    yeh everything is...its weird. My gba emulator doesnt work with sound either. Can it be involved with the jailbreak? Thats the reason I want to restore it. To see if it will fix it.
  4. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

You can try a restore to 3.0 if you think that is the problem. You'll need to download the 3.0 software and restore to that; then use RedSn0w to JB it again.

How bad is the silent button? If it is stuck in silent mode you can hear the music from the speakers but nothing else. Before you get too far into the restore I would look at the silent button a little more; I have seen them break before.
  5. hockey816

hockey816 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    It basically is so loose that you can move the phone and it will move the button... how do i fix it...?
  6. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

If it is still under warranty Apple will replace it for you (will probably just give you a refurbished iPhone). The downside of that is your new phone will probably have 3.1 installed (= no unlock).

The switch itself can be replaced. I am assuming there is a guide out there and there is a bit of work involved but you could replace the button yourself.

After looking a bit more I am fairly certain that is you problem. Just saw this while looking up a guide: "the iPhone will still sound alarms, play iPod music, and allow apps like games to make sounds even when the phone is set to silent". I think your switch is stuck on silent, might be able to play with it and get it back to normal but your switch is more than likely broken.
  7. andybno2

andybno2 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)