No SIM; Can I upgrade to IOS4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by antonelc, Aug 6, 2010.

1. antonelc

antonelc New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I just bought a fully functional used iPhone 2g earlier today that has firmware 3.1 something and I would like to upgrade to IOS4. I have obtained a copy of the correct firmware. If I install the new IOS4 can I just jailbreak it to get past having to activate it and stuff? I want to be able to continue using it as a music player and web browser and not be forced in to a contract.
  2. Maddenpatriots9

Maddenpatriots9 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You have so much choice blackra1n,spirit pwnagetool quickpwn/redsn0w just what's easiest for you if you need tutorials on this but if your upgrading on ios4 there Star Aja jailbreakme 2.0 pwnagetool and redsn0w and jailbreaking fully activates your phone If you want a carrier unlock then I'm not fully sure about this repo but I think it's repo666.ultrasn0w.com I think .org might be down please correct me if I'm wrong I'm fairly new I have been with my idevice iPod touch 2g mc for about since November anyway good luck
  3. antonelc

antonelc New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yea but if I update the firmware will it even let me jailbreak it? I have no SIM card and I don't have one I can borrow. Yea I have had a ipod touch 2g in the past so I am familiar with how to jailbreak and what not I just dont know about the iphone without a sim card
  4. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    iOS 4 Doesn't have support for first gen devices. Your's is the original iPhone so you can't update to it. The highest FW you can update to is 3.1.3