No Roms Found?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by theguy6792, Feb 25, 2008.

1. theguy6792

theguy6792 New Member

I installed the NES emulator and tried like EVERY rom pack and everytime, it says No NES ROMs were found. Please upload ROMs to /var/mobile/Media/ROMs/NES and i cant do that... SOO ANY help?
  2. bundyxc

bundyxc Member

You running Windows, Mac, or *NIX?
  3. xhdxarsenic

xhdxarsenic New Member

ssh, make a folder in media called ROMs and in that make one called NES and move the roms to that folder instead of the one it puts it in by default
  4. bundyxc

bundyxc Member

You're not online, so I'll just give you the Windows version. Mainly because that's all I know. If you're Mac or *NIX... You need to find somebody else. Sorry. In any case, this'll bump you.

Make sure you have OpenSSH installed on your iPod before all of this.

Please Register or Log in to view images

[1] Download & install WinSCP (google it).
    [2] Connect your iPod to Wi-Fi. Find your iPod's IP (blue arrow).
    [3] Connect to your iPod with WinSCP. The hostname is your iPod's IP. Port 22, username is "root", password is "alpine" (without the quotes).
    [4] Download some NES roms. Google them. If they're in a .zip file, extract them.
    [5] Take the .nes file(s) and put them in the folder NES mentioned. If the folders aren't there, make 'em. Pay attention to capitalization.
    [6] Have fun.
  5. theguy6792

theguy6792 New Member

OK I upgraded to a jailbroken 1.1.2 from 1.1.1 and the ROMs still dont work. I tried SSH and cant do it because it cant connect to the network. So im thinking of going to jailbroken 1.1.3 to try it. Is this a good idea or does anyone have any suggestions for me to try? THANKS
  6. xhdxarsenic

xhdxarsenic New Member

thats completely up to you. i dotn think it wuld help caz u need to move the files. did u use one of those space fixers? caz they screw up where the files go that happened to me. the only way to get the roms is thru ssh and if u cant get it then well....i dunno ask someone smarter

Please Register or Log in to view images