No recording for first gen iPod touches

Discussion in 'September 9th, 2008 Event Discussions' started by iFanaddic, Sep 9, 2008.

1. iFanaddic

iFanaddic Member

Apple introduced a new pair of in-ear headphones with a mic, which is not supported by first gen iPod touches.

"The remote and mic are supported only by iPod nano (4th generation), iPod classic (120GB), and iPod touch (2nd generation). Audio is supported by all iPod models."

http://www.apple.com/ipod/inearheadphones/
  2. chiefkeckers

chiefkeckers New Member

i cant see how this is a hardware thing and not a software thing. im pretty sure that touch 1g has audio line-in. it awaits too be seen or heard
  3. miname429

miname429 New Member

I agree with chiefkecker b/c a while ago when their was the jailbroken 1.1.4 SIP VOIP you couldve bought the mic from touchmods for the ipod touch and use it to call people.
  4. simonrichards150

simonrichards150 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Remember the touchmods mic connected via the dock connector. As far as I can tell, the new headphones with mic connect to the headphone jack on the 2nd gen nano. My guess is they squeezed an extra pole in there to carry one more signal.
  5. chasgta

chasgta New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Can someone tell me how I know if i have a 1st gen or 2nd gen ipod touch ???
  6. iFanaddic

iFanaddic Member

Lmao the second generation iPod touch came out yesturday check out apples website. You have the first generation iPod touch without external volume control and external speaker. No one has the second generation iPod touch yet. Hope I helped..
  7. rash219

rash219 New Member

LOL !!! are you seriosuly asking this questions ???? ROLF
  8. fatboy

fatboy New Member

I guess if you are good with a soldering iron you could crack open the Gen 1 touch and solder from the line in to the headphone jack and frig your own solution

Please Register or Log in to view images

I got one of the touchmod headsets but listening to music through them isn't the best, very tinny sounding

Please Register or Log in to view images

FB