No Post Credit for Introductions Forum

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by Danls92, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hey guys, this has been annoying me and I was wondering how you felt about it.

One thing that it seems that a bunch of people have been doing is spamming the introductions forum to increase their post count. While I think that it is great to welcome new members to the forums, I think that (if possible) you should not get posts added to your count for posting in the Intros forum.

Anybody else feel this way?
  2. nclaxmiddy11

nclaxmiddy11 Active Member

never really seen it happen but yeah sounds like a good idea
  3. Danls92

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Every once in a while check into the Introductions forum, and you'll probably see all of the "last posts" by the same user.

(For instance, check now)
  4. simonrichards150

simonrichards150 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  5. Joseph

Joseph Retired Moderator

No one will ever post on the Introductions section then, lol...

I agree with your suggestion ^^
    That'll be awesome... however, post count doesn't matter at all. =)
  6. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

Great suggestion dan! There are a lot of people that go to the intro section just to raise their post count. Over the last month or so there has been one specific member that has been doing this (not to name any specific names). If this is implemented, it will prevent any further spamming of the intro section.
  7. romeboards

romeboards Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    does post count really matter? i have a lot of posts, but thats cause i try to help as muc has possible, i think that if people do it for post counts, its just for self validification (is that even a word?). they dont receive a special prize for having a higher post count, except it makes them feel good about themselves, whats so wrong about that? and yes, i just made my first two introduction posts, and i feel great!
  8. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Yay! Although people that post "1000 posts!" in the introductions forum don't get their 1000 posts for that post. Although I do agree, I've seen notably 2 users posting a lot in the introductions forum, although one is very helpful user.
  9. nclaxmiddy11

nclaxmiddy11 Active Member

yeah jeez each thread he has a post in it
  10. Danls92

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It's not so much because of people getting their post counts up, it is more because do you really wanna get a standard "Welcome to iPTF" when you join? I don't know about you guys, but if somebody is going to welcome me, I'd rather it be a sincere welcome.

If the posts incentive was removed, people would be more likely to post to be good people rather than to inflate their virtual ego.