no point to jailbreak this firmware

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by midiman6, Jan 20, 2008.

1. midiman6

midiman6 New Member

Sep 20, 2007
    I think it is in everyone's best interest that the dev team waits until the SDK gets released to make the 1.1.3 jailbreak public.

First off- if you don't pay the $20 you don't get anything. I just updated to 1.1.3 expecting at least the webclips feature or to rearrange my homescreen. Nothing, zippo, the only thing that the 1.1.3 update did for me is change the dock to the ugly iphone style.

If they release the jailbreak now, the community will not benefit at all, the update gives you nothing. Even if we had the jailbreak for this firmware, its not even a for sure thing that we will be able to get the new springboard with the rearranging icons.

It's good that they are waiting so at least if Apple decides to roll out a new firmware version there is a good chance that the exploit still exists.
  2. bindle

bindle Member

Oct 3, 2007
    i agree. the SDK update will be more important. and it's only a month away so they shouldn't give apple more time to learn something from a 1.1.3 public jailbreak.

though i'll just say that jailbreaking it could very well have led to unlocking the apps and 1.1.3 features, which are part of the 1.1.3 firmware.