No picture??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SausalitaFoxtrot, Feb 13, 2010.

1. SausalitaFoxtrot

SausalitaFoxtrot New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hello everyone!

Ive recently purchased the Ipod Touch Late 2009 2nd Generation. I also purchased the authentic apple component cable - MB128ZA/B

Ive hooked it up through my TV (Sony Bravia 37S550) which is capable of running all formats up to 1080p format. But I only get sound??

Ive got the leads set up right, and the TV is set to the component channel - hence why I can hear the sound. The ipod is set to PAL (UK format for me).

Ive updated with the new 3.1.3 software but its made no difference. The only thing I can think of, is perhaps that its a conflict with the output format on the ipod and the TV... like should I be setting the TV up to accept the format??

Interestingly enough, my daughters ipod nano 4th Gen wont work either?? Just wanted to ask, before assuming its the cable.

Any help would be much appreciated

Michelle

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

Maybe change the video out settings under "Settings>Video"

Change the TV signal to NTSC, and try that out (maybe it's your TV?).

Also, if you are connecting it to a stereo which is connected to your TV, try plugging the cables directly into the TV rather than through the stereo.

Along with that, try plugging the component cables into another television to test whether it is a problem with the TV or the cable.

If you try all of the above and it STILL isn't working, I'd take the cable to the place you purchased it and demand a refund.

As for the "output format", the iPod is designed to send signals out in either NTSC or PAL format, so you shouldn't have to change any settings on the TV, other than switching which input is displayed.
  3. Ouchy_S

Ouchy_S Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Where does it plug into?