No OpenSSH on home screen and BSD won't install

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Application Compatibility' started by Bruise, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Bruise

Bruise New Member

First off, I have searched and haven't found any answers, and I don't want to bump up any very old topics that have somewhat similar problems. Another thing, I posted this here because this initially started off in 1.1.3 and messed it up for all. Now its time for my problems.

BSD won't install. This started the first time I upgraded to a JB 1.1.3. Now whenever I try JB and installing BSD, it doesn't appear on the SpringBoard, and when I go to Uninstall in the Installer, it says reinstall instead of uninstall for BSD. I also can't install OpenSSH. The only way I can get SSH is from the 1.1.2 Jailbreak, and without SSH the JB is nearly useless for me, simply because I mainly use the emulators. I would really like this problem solved.
  2. steveo3

steveo3 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    you might be able to install it manully
  3. pablowx

pablowx New Member

you dont have a openssh app from what i know on 1.1.3 but just install the services app and you should be able to turn off/on edge,bluetooth,wi-fi, and ssh
  4. deveelx

deveelx New Member

When BSD Subsystem was installed, it should not appear in the Springboard nor there will be an icon for it. It is not an application similar to Maps, Safari, and so on, but rather it is a Unix tools for the iPod touch. Once you installed it, you won't be able uninstall after. The only way you can uninstall it is by restoring your iPod touch to factory settings or by manually removing the it (if you know what you're doing). Similar concept with SSH. It won't appear in the Springboard after installation. You can, however, uninstall it unlike the BSD Subsystem. If I am correct, you must have BSD Subsystem installed first before you install OpenSSH (but not always). Then, you must install Services after installing OpenSSH so you will have control over the SSH system.

By the way, which jailbreak method are you using? Is it the Ziphone, the Dev Team's, or iBrickr? There are reports that Ziphone does not function or work very well on the iPod touch.
    1 person likes this.
  5. xM45x

xM45x New Member

download services then your problems will be solved
  6. Bruise

Bruise New Member

I have tried iPodTouchMaster's way, Dev team, and ZiPhone keeps giving me the BSD thing. And I thought there had to be an icon for them because of one showing up from the 1.1.2 method. Oh well, I guess you guys answered my problems, thanks!

Also, were these pages made for internet explorer, because it is hell to browse here on FireFox, I had to open IE to post this...

Also, this is why I am an iPod Touch Ameteur lol.
  7. mynameisBEEKMAN

mynameisBEEKMAN Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    you can pm me later tonight and ill give you SSH.app the only reason that you had it on 1.1.2 is because it was a part of the jb, it is not required, but i like iton my springbboard, and have snagged a copy of it from 1.1.2

and for BSD subsystem, make sure you update cuminity sources

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. deveelx

deveelx New Member

Glad we could help.

No. This site works any browser. It does even work on the iPod touch Safari browser. I'm using Firefox and I don't have problems accessing this site. You might wanna try re-installing Firefox. When you do, make sure you delete the folder called "Mozilla Firefox" at C:\Program Files. Then reinstall it again. Get Firefox here.

The "iPod Touch Amateur" is you user title. When you reach certain amount of post count you user title changes.
  9. Bruise

Bruise New Member

Yea I know its a user title lol, but its true for me lol.

Well anyway, I guess I will live without seeing the application on the home menu, it now fits in for why you need Services installed lol.
  10. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

I'm sorry if it has already been resolved but BSD subsystem doesn't have an icon and also...I would recommend strongly the officall 1.1.3 upgraded method by conceited sofware. You simply need a jbd 1.1.2 device and the update/in runs right on the iPod so u Dnt need da computer. No leftover files no mess. Hope this helps

Gojohnnyboi