No opening : "Root device is mounted read-only"

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ki11ua, Jan 31, 2008.

1. ki11ua

ki11ua New Member

Hello,
    I've bought my ipod touch 2 days ago.
    The problem is that I've tried to jailbreak from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 (in order to make it to 1.1.3), it failed and now when it opens after the apple starts to blink a black screen and says: "Root device is mounted read-only" and
    "if you want to make modifications to files: /sbin/fsck -fy /sbin/mount -uw / If you wish to boot the system :exit "
    , "dydl: Library not loaded.... Reason: no suitable image found. Did find: ...."
    Please tell me if there is something that I could do to restore it? I have Windows and Ubuntu
    Thank you

With respect,
    Papadimitriou Georgios
  2. weenipper53

weenipper53 New Member

Warning: This should be used as a last resort, restoring will erase all of your data

*Must have iPod plugged into computer while doing this*

Be patient, the force restore part may take up to 20 seconds.

1. Press and hold the home button and the sleep/wake button. (the power off option will appear, ignore it)
    2. When the apple logo appears let go of the sleep/wake button (keep holding the home button.)
    3. After a few seconds you should see the connect to iTunes image (you can now let go of the home button.)
    4. Open iTunes .
    5. iTunes should automatically recognize your iPod once the image comes up, if not unplug your iPod and plug it back in.
    6. Restore your iPod by clicking the "Restore" button.
  3. ki11ua

ki11ua New Member

Please Register or Log in to view images

thanx.
    I've tried before sending this, but after a few persistent tries really worked....

Please Register or Log in to view images