[No Noob Here] Wont Let Me Boot

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by iPod Touch™, Feb 24, 2009.

1. iPod Touch™

iPod Touch™ Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Ok so This is very weird. Before you start flaming for making another post this is something that I have never heard of before.

I have had my 2G jailbroken for about 1 month now. I always am able to boot it using an using .bat file but now their is a problem.

So I tried to play Need for speed pink slip on my ipod and it just froze after I started it, so I was like, "Damn got to reboot it again". So I shut it off using the 'hold home + Sleep/wake until shuts off" (Hard Reset). At the moment I was uninstalling iTunes and was about to reinstall it due to some kind of problem where it deleted all my music from "Recently added" and I was just gonna reinstall and add it back like I've done numerous times. So when I connect iPod to PC it says "USB Malfunction" or whatever it usaully is supposed to say like always. I open up my .bat file for booting and I attempt to put it into DFU mode. This is where it gets weird.

When I hold down the Home + Sleep/wake for 10 secs it gives that Windows XP chime, the one that happens when you plug in a device via USB (Normal) then Once I let go and hold the Home for 8 more secs, the chime chimes rapidly 3 times. Instead of it doing" Do-Do" it does "Do-Do-Do" and it happens so fast you can barely tell them apart. Then it says, "New USB device detected. This is the problem, it is not supposed to say that, it is only supposed to chime once the second time after holding Home for the last 8 secs so now when I press Enter on the .bat file it says "iPod Not found" instead off sending over the command to get to the white screen. SO basically the PC is recognizing the ipod as a "New USB Device" instead of an iPod In DFU Mode. So how am I supposed to fix this if it doesnt go into DFU mode but it says new usb device? Im sure you guys havent heard of this before, and if you have my appologies I did search. IM really scared cuz I cant even restore it since it wont go into DFU mode.

I think it is a problem with the iPoT cuz I tried to go into DFU mode on MY other Computer (Also XP) and it did the same exact thing.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please if you have any idea how to fix please tell

If you want I can make a video of what HAppens and upload it to youtube. Thanks guys and for the recrd, Im no noob I Have booted my ipod into JB mode so many times, once I did it for fun just cuz I was bored

Thast how good I am at it

So please help and if you want me to make that youtube video pleas etell me.

Thanks,

Dan

[Update]: Problem fixed, I was about to make a youtube vid and as I was recording it actually worked

2. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

are you using a booting tool? if not just use one of those
  3. iPod Touch™

iPod Touch™ Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  4. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

what did you do
  5. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Probably didn't do something right...
  6. iPod Touch™

iPod Touch™ Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I Did everything right just my PC had a bug, restart FTW! actually idk it just worked

7. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

LOL oh ok
  8. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Lol.
    Well, you should always try a restart at first.