No new iphone at WWDC but possibly in late June?

Discussion in 'WWDC 2009 (June 8-12)' started by rugox, May 24, 2009.

1. rugox

rugox New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Just read few sources saying that the new hardware for the iphone would be unveiled in another event scheduled for a later June date.

They say this is so because Phil Schiller has been announced to take the stage at WWDC. This possibly means Jobs won't be there and he has been the man to announce upgrades for the hardwares.

They are speculating that Steve Jobs will come back in late June with the announcement of the new iphone himself.

Of course no one knows if this is going to be the case but I was really anticipating the unveil on June 8. More waiting would suck...
  2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I was previously of a similar view that they most likely wouldn't be announcing a new iPhone at WWDC 09. However, with all the recent placeholder leaks by AT&T and T-Mobile Austria and the fact that component manufacturers look to have been tendered I'm of the view that the concept for manufacture is ready.

Thus I believe there is a very high probabililty that new iPhone(s) will be announced at WWDC, though may not be released until later in the year. If they were already in the manufacturing process and ready for release in the very short term we would probably have heard more noise/rumors/leaks from the Chinese market.
  3. nickswitz

nickswitz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Um.... can anyone confirm or deny the rumor that Apple is planning on going to Verizon Wireless for the iPhone next year?
  4. Muffin15

Muffin15 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i don't believe there's any solid evidence to confirm that as of yet
    at least, not that i've seen
  5. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    The Verizon phone is slted for 2010/2011 and will run on their LTE network.
  6. Brewstermax

Brewstermax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Which is also the same network that AT&T and T-Mobile will adopt. I can see an iPhone LTE for Verizon alongside AT&T's iPhone.

Oh, yes, and I along with many others expect a Steve appearance during the keynote. It will make Apple stock prices jump a solid $20 as long as he's not in a wheelchair.
  7. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The probability of Apple holding to events in the same month is extremely low. I mean, really? What do you think Apple will do when Jobs retires? stop releasing new things? Doubt it.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I agree. They said he isn't the keynote speaker, but he very well could be a speaker for a "One More Thing..."
  8. Brewstermax

Brewstermax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I don't know. Apple will fall completely apart when Steve retires. There will be no more Apple. I can picture it now, people throwing Macbooks out of windows, people going back to Windows. That's a sad day indeed, but would happen if Steve ever left Apple in the long term. Look at the 90s. Those were the years when Apple had no direction, and were an utter failure, continuing development on an extremely dated OS, which had been mega-pwned by Windows 95. The same will happen here. Eventually, as great at OS X is, after Steve leaves, OS X will go the way of OS 7/8/9. It will not gain any significant new features. I will stagnate, and Windows will plow forward. It's sad, but Apple needs Steve Jobs. So much more than Steve Jobs needs Apple.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Very possible, and likely. I can see Phil at the end, "One More Thing", and out pops Steve : "Hey, that's MY line". Lulz.
  9. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Steve Jobs is a powerful man and a large part of Apple, But do you honestly think that the whole company will lose everything once he retires? First of all, You have no idea of who would replace him. It could be someone with the same amount of experience and knowledge. Also, Steve Jobs does not make every little decision in Apple. There are branches and departments which others work in and specialties lie to.

Also, In the 90's... There were many reasons Apple failed. Not just because of one person. With its greatness now, I doubt Apple will do as bad as you day in the near future.
  10. SiXAXiS

SiXAXiS Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    To tell you the truth, u really dont think they are coming out with a new iphone for a while