No music problem? (1.1.3 iJailbreak'd)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Bullislander05, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Bullislander05

Bullislander05 New Member

I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem, and knew of a fix.

Just today, I mean just 15 minutes ago, after I had to force-shut-off my iPod because MobileChat and MobileMusicPlayer crashed, I lost ALL of my music on my iPod. You see, though, I really didn't lose it. Using Finder, I went and looked at the iTunes_Control folder and ALL of my music is still there. It's just iTunes AND the music player both say I have no songs.

I have a backup of the songs, yes, but I was just wondering if there was a simpler way to fix this than deleting the songs through SSH (I have > 1/2 of my iPod full with music, so I can't just re-add the songs, plus it'd be a major waste of space) then re-adding them through iTunes.

Should I just waste the time it takes to delete/re-add the songs?

Another thing I've noticed, that's rather odd, is that I've been forced to jailbreak my iPod in 1.1.3 two times now, and each time, 300 MB of storage space has simply disappeared. In iTunes, it says I can only store 7.27 GB of stuff, when before I did any jailbreaking at all it was 7.97 GB. Is there a jailbreak cleaner out there I can utilize to re-gain these 600 MB of storage space?

Thanks,
    -Bull
  2. Bullislander05

Bullislander05 New Member

Sorry for the bump, I'm just really confused.

I know people have read this (The thread has 34 views as of this post), but I suppose nobody had an answer.

I'd really appreciate some help!

-Bull
  3. Glazeriouz

Glazeriouz New Member

I have the same problem. Is there any way to fix it? I'd rather not reset my ipod.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. bpcervantes

bpcervantes New Member

Music Vanished

I have the same problem with firmware 1.1.1 I was listening to music plugged it in to charge, played a game of dominos on it, went to bed, and when I woke up said I had no songs. However when I look at my capacity numbers they didn't change, so the music is there but not being seen.

Is there a program like Anapod Explorer for the touch, that will allow you to see your music?
  5. bpcervantes

bpcervantes New Member

Fixed it!!!!!!!

Ok I figured it out.

1. Go to var/root/Media/
    2. Look to see if you have iTunes_Control and iTunes_Control_2
    3. if you do, just change the one with the "2" back to iTunes_Control and restart your iPod
  6. christopher sims

christopher sims New Member

can you please tell me how to get to that directory? I am very new at this

Please Register or Log in to view images

I know this thread is really old and i sorry for the bump but i have to know