No more safe mode?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by sdschramm, Feb 14, 2009.

1. sdschramm

sdschramm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I just don't get it. I every time I would change a theme or something and the iPod would respiring to restart, it would enter safe mode. I would then have to restart it about 3 or 4 more times before it would let me enter regular mode.

Now, It doesn't do that. In fact, i can't even get into safe mode via the manual way (swipe the status bar, tap power, then safe mode) method. As you will see the post before this, I am having a problem with webclips and I just ralised that maybe I could clear them from safe mode, but now I can't get it in!

Figures - it won't let me use it now when I need it, but any other time it would bug the heck out of me when I didn't need it!

Any ideas?

Thanks
    -Scott
  2. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

Might be a problem with your MobileSubstrate. Maybe re-jailbreaking would help.

Why would your iPod go into Safe Mode every time you changed a theme? And try removing the WebClips by SSH.
  3. sdschramm

sdschramm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I just thought.....would the app Lockdown disable the safe mode?

Why? Well it hasn't been able to go into safe since around the time I installed lockdown - and I just realized that Lockdown would not lock my apps if it was booted into safe mode. So maybe Lockdown is blocking the safemode?
  4. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

Possibly for you, but I have Lockdown installed and enabled, but I can still go into safe mode.