iOS 4.1 No More JailBreaking 4.1 Threads

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by halolordkiller3, Oct 6, 2010.

1. halolordkiller3

halolordkiller3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Ok really this is getting out of hand, sorry to point out the obvious to some of you loyal members on here and those who actually have the patience for it rather then OMFG WHERE IS GREENPOIS0N?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Can moderator please start deleting this massive spam of threads? I will be more then glad to help if at all necessary Also this message goes for everyone else who is about to post something about jailbreaking 4.1.

The only 2 jailbreaks out for it so far are redsn0w and sn0wbreeze. There is nothing else. Both of which are VERY buggy. Greenpois0n will be released whenever they want it to which WILL be this month seeing as they said they will have it before 4.2 which is the beginning of November according to Apple.

New Models (hardware so instead of MC something like MD to patch the exploit) more then likely won't even be released till December and here's why. All over the web and news now, hell even on here the front page, Apple has said there going to be making IPhone's for verizon. its just plain obvious they would. Everyone is getting 4g by June, according to multiple bestbuy and other cell phone re-sellers i have personally talked too.

AT&T=24Mb Download
    Verizon=26Mb Download
    T-Mobile-22Mb Download
    Sprint=About 20-24Mb Download

The contract with apple is just about up anyways and with many negative feedback on the user end of "dropped calls" when the IPhone 4 came out, apple knew they would lose sales no matter what because many people are not as "up to date" as others like yourself. I know at least 50 people at my school of 4k yes 4k, that have the new Iphone 4 with still 4.0.1 or 4.0. The others have Ipod touches 2nd gens -3rd gens with 3.1.2 on it....People at my school don't always open itunes.

Just keep the fact that many people are not as "up to date" as you maybe so they still talk about a news post that can be months and months old without hearing an update.

Back on my main topic tho. The tool, NOT THE EXPLOIT, is named GreenPois0n. not Greenp0sion or w/e else you want to call it. It is a bootrom exploit and that is ALL we know. We don't know if its tethered or untethered, but its a good guess it will be untethered. There will be NO update for jailbreakme. That was a simple userland jailbreak as a "kickoff" for jailbreakme 2.0 and the new release of 4.0/4.0.1.

Other key things to point out are that the dev team HAVE LIVES. i know hard to believe right? "sarcasm" People if you want it so bad then make it yourself, but don't start saying well idk how. Well everyone started off not knowing how to do something so pick up a book or use the internet with TRUSTED information. just because its a .com doesn't mean its always trusted. Look for the author of the article, links to other pages, correct spelling all the time, and some actual proof of what there talking about. The dev team can change there mind about releasing this tool. They never ever in the past have stated, "well we have to release it to the public". There doing this for free as well so keep that in mind.

Many of you [90%] who BEG for the jailbreak just want to use it for a app in cydia adding a certain repo to download apps illegally. That's not what the original idea of jailbreaking was meant for. I personally want it for sbsettings, infi dock/folders, gameboy simulator and winterboard.

So please stop saying,
    "is it out yet?
    "is it out yet?
    "is it out yet?
    "is it out yet?

The answer is no. period. When will it be? No ETA, but it will be this month 99% sure. Now i rest my hands and fingers from this keyboard and bid you all a goodnight.
  2. JKJones

JKJones Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You just made another one... there are official threads/thread
  3. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    First, greenpois0n was released months ago.

Second, you just created another thread about it.

Third, if you ignore the threads then they aren't much of a problem.
  4. JacobVengeance

JacobVengeance Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    There isn't really a problem with asking questions or expressing yourself on this site.
    I mean it doesn't cause fights unless people like you come in and tell them to stop making post like that. Just report them and move on, don't argue or make threads like these.
    I personally don't like them, but Im not going to complain if I am choosing to open this web page. If you don't like the threads, there is always ALT+F4.
  5. Tatanka

Tatanka New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    First,it is Apple dictatorial methods,make a firmware upgrade and can not downgrade..so,many of the previous devices(1g,2g,3g)are running worst on newest,make you wish to upgrade your device and,of course,asking for jb....
    About piracy,nazis called the partizans terrorists..if i give one umd psp game to a friend and he give to another..etc...what does it mean?But if i make a copy to share,like the original?This time NOOOOO!!!Why you make Robin Hood movie?
    The piracy is WHEN YOU ASK MONEY FOR SHARING,ONLY....AND THEY KNOW VERY WELL THIS BY MAKING "LEGALLY RULES"...
    They must read THE BIBLE,but what to expect from those who killed their own King who want to share EVERYTHING?
    You can ask them every saturday...
  6. alphonse3344

alphonse3344 Well-Known Member

@b-mac, greenpois0n was never released.
    Ans second he basically created a thread that counters most of all threads that deal with greenpois0n.
    And third you are right on last part.
  7. JKJones

JKJones Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Greenpois0n was released in July, but the 4.1 jailbreak has not yet been released.
  8. JacobVengeance

JacobVengeance Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Greenpois0n Arsenic, Anthrax, Cyanide, and Dioxin are all released.
    Greenpois0n is a cross-platform hacker toolkit that helps users to find their own exploits for jailbreaks, write custom ramdisks, and create custom firmwares.

9. Spark1223

Spark1223 Banned

The attached image should end the debate about the jailbreak name as it comes right from p0sixninja. I will not argue more on this matter. As this image requires no more argument.

UPDATE:
    More images added. A few should end this stupid jailbreak name debate and the others are info about the tethered status of the jailbreak, none are conclusive about whether its tethered or untethered but, they are interesting that they were tweeted none the less. Please note the timestamps on the 3rd one (october 1st. No year because it was this year. Why would he say after GP if what he was talking about was already out? Seriously. Tell me.)

Now, I shall reply to the thread as a whole or the little I read of it. As much as we all hate speculation, impatience, whiners, spam, idiots, ect. We have to face there is little we can do on a forum about it as users other than b*tch about it. That's all. And let me ask you this: Does that make us any better than the whiners? No sir, it does not.

Now, this sort of whining in the wrong setting (directed at devs) is bad. Better they do it here than directing it at devs. Whole "hacking/modding" communities have fallen due to things like this (like PSP after Dark Alex left). And we have already lost GeoHot because of how some people treated him. If we are not careful we could lose the devs we have. Sure, someone may step up to the plate, but again look at PSP. After Dark Alex left, custom firmware others make is crap. It doesn't work like Dark Alex stuff does. If we pester the devs. We'll have a few sn0wbreezes and no tools that actually work properly. And sn0wbreeze only works at all because chpwn and saurik support that jailbreak, if they did not, we'd have nothing.

So we shouldn't whine. But we can tell a whiner to stop whining all day. He will probably whine louder. We all have choices. Can't make choices for people (nor should you tell them what to think) unless you are Apple Inc.

Attached Files: