No More Jailbreak On iPods

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by fear_2670, Oct 30, 2008.

?

Jailbreaking Should Be....

1. No More!!!

16 vote(s)
    9.6%
  2. Continue To Be Developed.

150 vote(s)
    90.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

I think that the jailbreaking should be no more and that devs should just give up. Apple has obviously created new security that is jailbreak proof as far as all of you have seen. So what on earth is the problem with the regular 2.1 firmware unjailbroken. Is it that with jailbreaking you get free apps and Cydia and that other stuff that causes problems and voids the Apple + iPod warranty.
    Vote on Poll
    And i'm prepared to take any kind of flaming/trolling.
  2. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    you probably shouldnt have started this but oh well here goes my opinion
    i think they dont need to because the app store came out and you have apps there that are good also having a regular background is just as good as anything
    lastly its more stable and thats the key stability and smoothness
  3. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

^^Exactly^^
    BTW, i'm prepared for any kind of flaming.
  4. berky93

berky93 New Member

have you even looked at the older posts in this forum? they said 1.1.2 was unjailbreakable, and 1.1.3/4, and 2.0 and 2.1 and the iphone 3g. all of them are either jailbroken or about to be jailbroken.

nothing is impossible, and this place has proven it.

its psychology: tell someone they can't do something, and they will try harder to do it. The biggest dev teams are currently working on the iphone 3g, and when thats done I guarantee the ipod touch 2g will be jailbroken.

EDIT: and don't think that the appstore makes jailbreaking pointless. jailbreaking is like making the iphone and ipod touch open-source. it allows themes, interface mods, and a ton of other things apple doesnt want you to be able to do.
  5. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well good so put your shields up. because seriously Wat Teh Feck, i respect your opinion, but your just too damn impatient, and i can obviously tell that you dont own a 2G ipod touch, because im syre that 99% of all 2G users are waiting eagerly for a jailbreak. SO no, your idea is just plain stupid( i dont mean to be rude and all) but no, they should continue on, and then when the day comes, everyone would be rejoicing, and thinknin how dumb it would have been if they quit a month into their work
  6. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

The only thing that's keeping me on the JB side is the customize. Themes and such.

Apple is just uber anal and won't allow it on their App Store. Lame!
  7. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

FYI, i'm getting a 2G in 2 months and i don't want any dumb jailbreak.
  8. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I think jailbreaking should go on, and YOU dont have to, Chronic and iPhoneDev arent going to be like, "oh, your right, we should just give up." NO! And, I do slightly agree with you, soon, hopefully very soon, apple will allow themes. But until that day in the far future, let jailbreking live!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    True that
  9. Blaze_Blaster

Blaze_Blaster Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Jailbreaking is needed, because we need background apps... if your given the option, why fight it..
  10. jessikur

jessikur Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I am a 2g user awaiting the jailbreak, if not for anything but to check it out and have some fun. No reason to doubt it. Don't use it. But why should they stop?

What's good for the goose ain't always good for the gander.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.