NO more GUI! Get the facts straight.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by gojohnnyboi, Feb 3, 2009.

1. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

I in no way mean to sound condescending, however there are wayyy too many threads of people making "GUI" programs for irecovery/redj0hnny/rslite.

1. You are not a programmer if you make a batch/vb gui.
    2. You are not a programmer if you make a program in ANY language that simply executes the REAL program that somebody else made(eg: irecovery/redj0hnny/rslite, and applies very strongly to #1)
    3. A batch file is not a gui(graphical user interface)
    4. libusb is NOT a program, it is a library used by applications. It can and will not harm your computer, as long as you install it correctly (assuming you have windows). Don't dis the lib, man.
    5. Don't say it's your program, and give no credit whatsoever to: Westbaer, Gojohnnyboi(myself), the iphone-dev team, chronic, whoever, etc. You're using their programs, that are doing the real job (this is not easy type-it-up code, see http://gojohnnyboi.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/redj0hnny/usb_redj0hnny.cc).
    6. Please, do not accuse anyone or yourself for that matter, of bricking your ipod. You can't/didn't brick it, so chillax. Use one of the guides around the forums.
    7. Once a guide is sticked (yes, one is for both major operating systems), you DO NOT need to make another tutorial! This is the same thing as the interface apps coming in like nothing! I see more tutorials written (sometimes poorly) every second than i do anything else, and it's too much. How can anyone focus and learn how to do it the right way with you guys making a jillion different ways to do it, with a million different programs.

I'm not saying you aren't accomplishing anything good by doing these things, however please stop them. This is my opinion, and i'm trying to save some of us the stress.

-John
  2. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

Nice facts, except the link is broken (Not Found).
  3. gojohnnyboi

yeah i fixed it.
  4. KingOfWar

KingOfWar New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Sup boi. Remember me? Probably do.

I think your wrong on some "facts". I really appreciate how people spend their time to make our jailbreaking experience much better. But I do agree with people who make a batch file and go around telling people they have pro C# skills or whatever lol.
  5. andydam123

andydam123 Member

I agree. Even though I am making a "GUI", I think that what you are saying here is absolutely correct.

Just a quick question: If I leave some credits about redj0hnny, do I also need to leave credits to the orginal makers of iRecovery, besides you?
  6. gojohnnyboi

whoever the program you're using is, please credit them. redj0hnny is mine.
  7. goofball

goofball New Member

Take some anger pills bro & chill out

Please Register or Log in to view images

The bottom line is anybody who writes software will eventually have to rely on someone elses program or coding. Do you think libusb is not a program ? If you do your kidding yourself. iRecovery relies and uses that library so does every other PC booter/Jailbreaker here.
    (dont split hairs with me over a library vs an exe)
    Also anybody has a right to write anything they like and post it here no matter what language or ability they may or may not have without being critised

So, ahm, excuse me Mr Programmer *cough*, post your experience/qualifications in "real programming" please ! If you impress me in the slightest i'll happily stfu.
  8. JohnnyAndroid

JohnnyAndroid Active Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    Good rant or whatever it is. One thing though, instead of being vague about number 6 you should pick a guide around here that's better than any of the others and post a link. Make it a little easier for the noobs.
    --My two cents.
  9. idk761

idk761 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes, I really don't know why people think if they can make a batch they are programmers. Even I can, and I am not that good.

10. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    My my. Have you ever once been humble about anything in your life?