No more cd C:/etc etc!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by xTommyx, Mar 2, 2009.

1. xTommyx

xTommyx New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey all, I found a really neat trick for windows. Normally to cd to a folder you would have to type something like cd C:\Documents and Settings\Tommy\My Documents etc etc. This little tip lets you just right click on a folder and open a command promt in there! It really helped me a lot when jailbreaking and will probably help you in the future. Without further adu, here it is:

1. From the “Start” menu, choose “Run”

2. Type “regedit” and hit enter

3. In the left menu tree, go to “HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT” -> “Folder” -> “shell”

4. Right click on “shell” and select “New” -> “Key”

5. Name the key “Open Command Prompt Here” (this is what you’ll see in the right click menu)

6. Right click on the newly created key (”Open Command Prompt Here”) and select “New” -> “Key”

7. Name the new key “command”

8. Select the newly created “command” key and double-click on “default value”

9. Enter “cmd.exe” and click on “Ok”

ALL CREDIT GOES TO LE DANOIS I DID NOT MAKE THIS. If wish to go to the original guide, here is the link: http://ledanois.wordpress.com/2006/...ompt-here-option-to-the-windows-context-menu/
  2. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This is no secret. There are several things you can do to shorten this process as well.
  3. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
  4. ZeRoNiXx

ZeRoNiXx New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    or you can hold shift when you right click in a folder to get the same thing in the context menu
  5. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    also, it dosnt open the folder you right click on, it opens the folder that the folder you right click on is in...

to fix this put

cmd.exe /k pushd %1

instead of just cmd.exe

i recomend updating this thread.