No Marketplace??? How do i get it

Discussion in 'Android Chat' started by tkohrs2002, Sep 9, 2010.

1. tkohrs2002

tkohrs2002 New Member

So i just used iphodroid 0.6 to get Froyo 2.2 running on my iphone 3g (4.0.1). But all i have is the browser, dialer, messaging, email, etc. how do i get the marketplace on there? And i tried downloading one thing off the browser and it told me i didnt have an SD card. Is there anyway into fooling the phone into thinking the onboard flash memory is an SD card?

Ive seen a bunch of videos on youtube that show iphones running android and they seem to have tons of apps and weather widgets. These were posted months ago. How do i get all this on my phone?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I have been using android on my phone for about an hour and i was in the browser when i realized i had no way of exiting the browser. The sleep/wake button didnt do anything and and home button brought up options. Also when you are on the homescreen is there anyway to put the thing to sleep? Or do you have to go through the hard reboot everytime.

Also, because i was stuck on the browser i decided to hold down the home button and power/sleep button. This turned off my iphone and when i turned it back on it took me right to iOS. Does anyone know why OpeniBoot seemed to delete itself off my phone?
  2. benny679

benny679 Banned

Device:
    iPhone
    Ok, so mount system.img on ubuntu, get the market apk and put it in system/app.
  3. b777forever

b777forever Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone
    • Misleading material
    I think there is a repo on Cydia that does that.
  4. tkohrs2002

tkohrs2002 New Member

I don't know how to do anything manually with Linux. I can use cyberduck to get stuff into iOS. Do you know of any step by step tutorials for getting the market apk onto the phone?
  5. b777forever

b777forever Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I honestly don't know why I got banned for that post, but this youtube video shows that you can emulate or image a SD card on a iPhone.
    samw40 likes this.
  6. b767forever

b767forever Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Aliens
  7. ONLYUSEmeBLADE

ONLYUSEmeBLADE Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Bump much?
    Aiwa and savage24x like this.