No Internet for iPod at school

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by a25mx, Jan 23, 2008.

1. a25mx

a25mx New Member

For some reason I can't seem to get wifi working on my iPod at school. Our school is wireless because all the students have laptops. When I do try to connect it says the network is locked and needs a password but the real strange part is the other day I saw some kid using his iPhone and he was on maps and loaded the sattelite image which means he is getting a connection. Does anyone know why this is happening?
  2. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    He was probably using edge, not wifi.
  3. Firespray

Firespray Banned

WiFi networks with passwords means they're protected, they don't want people poking around on their connection. Without the password, you can't connect to them. As for the kid with the iPhone, he was probably using the EDGE network thing. It lets you go on the internet as long as you have a phone signal or something like that.
  4. a25mx

a25mx New Member

Haha wow I feel like a complete idiot. I completely forgot about EDGE on iPhones.
  5. dzaerpoor

dzaerpoor New Member

i can

i have the password because my friend is a T.A. and he pokes around and finds stuff.
  6. 16gbofmagic.

16gbofmagic. New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Why not just try and ask the admin for the password? Say it's for your laptop or something and you want to do research.