No "Installing Jailbreak Data" on iPod when jailbreaking

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by maxhops, Oct 5, 2009.

1. maxhops

maxhops New Member

I'm trying to jailbreak my iPod Touch 2nd gen on Windows Vista 64 bit. I've tried it with redsn0w .7.1, .7.2, and .8 but all give the same result. It accepts my ipsw and then I put it in dfu mode (I have tried putting it in dfu before and during the redsn0w program, neither have worked in the end). It then starts to reboot and the loading bar shows up on the reds0w program on the comp, but there is no "Installing Jailbreak Data" picture on my iPod. The jailbreaking process quickly says "Done!", and leaves my iPod with a dark blue screen, and nothing happens. I have left it like this for a while and it never goes into the lockscreen. I have to hold the power button, the iPod shuts off, then i can turn it back on, but there is no Cydia.

What am I doing wrong?? Please help, this is getting very annoying, as I have tried jailbreaking many times.
  2. superrob

superrob Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Woa.... 64-bit might be your problem. Try running with adminestrative preveliges.
  3. maxhops

maxhops New Member

FIXED! I tried the jailbreak on my XP laptop, and the jailbreak worked first try.