No Cydia after Untethered Restore

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Expecto, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Expecto

Expecto New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Just restored to an Untethered IPSW. I have 0 signs of Cydia or Installer. I used the Cydia bundle and Firmware bundle (for PwnageTool) that came with redsn0w lite 101 (tethered). Is that wrong? Which bundles do I need to use? The default firmware bundle doesn't work. Should I just go back to the default Cydia bundle and leave the new iPod2,1 bundle in FirmwareBundles? (Mac obviously)
  2. neetan

neetan Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    are you using a windows computer or a mac?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    if your on windows use quickfreedom but if ur on mac use the untetherizer tool
  3. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah, just use a GUI. it's easier than trying to figure out what you did wrong.
  4. DeFekT

DeFekT New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Yeah, I would also recommend using a GUI, I myself didn't but it can be a hassle if you don't know what you're doing, if you are tethered I'd probably recommend redTool, good GUI from what I have read. And also QuickFreedom I hear is also a very good one to use, good luck with whichever you choose.
  5. Expecto

Expecto New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok, I did use a GUI. But in order to do that you have to make a pwned firmware. That was my problem. Read the question before you respond. I ended up remaking my IPSW correctly then using a GUI to untether it. Problem solved.

Please Register or Log in to view images