no connection after jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mtn, Feb 22, 2010.

1. mtn

mtn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Hi!
    Since i have jailbreak my Iphone3G (3.1.3) my IPhone cant connect to my carrier T-Mobile. I already restored my Iphone and jailbreaked it again. But i got still the same problem. also a unlocking didnt work at all. can anybody help me please? Maybe there is someone who got the same prob. My Iphone is kind of useless if i cannot call anybody

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Where are you located? I am assuming the U.S. or somewhere where T-Mobile is not an official carrier.

Regardless, when you updated to 3.1.3 unless you did it with Pwnage Tool (or a custom firmware) you also updated the baseband to 5.12.01. The new baseband is currently unlockable. Basically you have an iPhone that must be used on an official carrier until an unlock is found.
  3. mtn

mtn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    thanks for the quick reply!
    I am located where T-Mobile IS AN official carrier. in austria.
    what are you suggesting? using another tool?
  4. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

I would restore it again and make sure things are working before the jailbreak. From there Pwnage Tool is the only way (that I know of) to jailbreak it. If it does not work after the JB again try powering it off and try again.
  5. mtn

mtn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Ok! restored it. Everything was working fine. After a jailbreak -> same problem. also powering off the iphone doesnt solve it.
    am i the only one who got this problem with iphone 3.1.3?
  6. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

You're using Pwnage Tool correct?

Make a new custom firmware but this uncheck the selection to have it activate the iPhone. Restore to the new custom firmware and after it is restored activate it with your T-Mobile SIM and yo should be good to go with service and a jailbreak.

Sorry I hadn't remembered that earlier but something about the "hactivation" that makes some legitimate carriers not work.
  7. Boarder

Boarder New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have an itouch 3g with 8 gigs and I got it approximately 2 weeks ago. After trying to jailbreak and realizing that it can't be done with black ra1n, I decided I wanted to downgrade. Looking at multiple discussions it's clear that ppl are having trouble. I need confirmaton from more than 1 or 2 ppl to tell me this works. I also want to know if jailbreakin a 3.1.3 is possible with something other than blackra1n, and if it's easy enough for a 13 yeAr old to accomplish. Thanks