no carrier image?! help!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by berky93, Jan 10, 2008.

1. berky93

berky93 New Member

I had extended preferences installed, but I uninstalled it to install the new version. But for some reason my installer wont download it now, so Im using the other one (skylars mod)

the problem is I forgot that I set my carrier image to blank in the old preferences and forgot to change it back. so now no matter what I set my carrier image as it remains blank. how can I fix this?
  2. berky93

berky93 New Member

actually I have a solution - can someone who installed extended preferences VIA INSTALLER please ssh into their ipod and copy their preferences.app and upload it here for me? then I can use it to turn off the hiding.
  3. fercho99

fercho99 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    me 2222

i had the same problem google thats how i got it fix
  4. fercho99

fercho99 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    here

here are the steps i performed to change my carrier logo, i had to replace some files to make it work, ill post it step by step what i did so you wont get confused

first of all you need to have a graphic of your carrier, or making any graphic to show, wanna know how to do it?? check here:

http://www.modmyiphone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1127

After you have the logo, make a copy of it, and name one as
    Default_CARRIER_ATT.png
    and the second one should be
    FSO_CARRIER_ATT.png

after you've done that, upload both files to: /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/
    and replace them over the originals

then download a patched springboard here
    http://[PIRACY.rs].com/files/55713719/SpringBoard
    and place it here:
    System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/
    over the original

reboot iphone, and you are done

any comments are welcome

Warning: Don't patch springboard with iBrickr or iPhoneBrowser or anything else that can't make sure its permissions are set to 0755. This has been locking people out of their springboard. Use an SSH client instead and insure that the new springboard file has 0755 permissions before disconnecting. -Unclear
  5. berky93

berky93 New Member

actualy I got it fixed. but the problem isnt changing the carrier IMAGE. what hapened is the mod actually changes springboard springs so the carrier logo isnt there. so no matter what I set it to, nothing changes.

but its fixed, so no worries!