No battery warning??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kallen, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Kallen

Kallen Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    All of a sudden I am having an issue with my 3G battery. The battery status shows full. All of a sudden my iphone shuts down. No 20% warning, nothing. just shuts off. When I plug it in it shows the empty red battery. When it comes on again, it correctly shows the battery as being low. What would cause this all of a sudden (battery indicator no working) and what can fix it???
    Thanks!
  2. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    The first and second generation iPhones and iPods were retarded when it came to measuring battery life, especially with the unhealthy batteries. Even with newer devices, you might get a reading of up to 50%, and restarting it will show it's truly at <20%.
  3. Kallen

Kallen Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have experienced that as well, but this is definitely different! It's one thing to drop from 100 to 50 in a matter of minutes, but quite another to show 100 and then shut down, dead...
  4. NightRocker

NightRocker Active Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    the 2g battery measurer isnt retarded. It changes to show how much battery you have when using a program: for example: i play angry birds, battery is 70%. i quit, (close it in the multitasking too)
    and the battery is 95%. the 1G , 2G , 3G and 4G ipods all do that. They work at different CPU speeds to expand battery life. You wouldnt want your 2G CPU at 533 MHz when it only needs 300 would u?
  5. Kallen

Kallen Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I turned on numeric battery and now the regular indicator is working correctly. wierd