no apps category in itunes

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by uber hax, Jul 14, 2008.

1. uber hax

uber hax Guest

in my itunes 7.7 i dont get an "applications" category where the things like "library", "podcasts" and "purchased" are. how do i get it to be there?
  2. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    All you do is in iTunes go to edit prefernces then check applications and your set. When you siync you do it like you would pic select your iPod then at the top you will see all the tabs click applications then you can check which ones you want to sync
  3. uber hax

uber hax Guest

thanks, so simple, but i would never have found that out myself.
  4. pfhendr

pfhendr New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    This doesn't work for me. I made my first app store purchase (Solitaire Top 3) and it downloaded into my iTunes Library under 'Applications', ok fine, but that's as far as I get. It won't sync to my Touch. I don't have a 'Applications' tab when I click on the iPod icon in iTunes (should I?).

I made sure the 'applications' checkbox was checked under Preferences->General. I even unchecked and rechecked it to make sure. I tried double clicking the Solitaire icon, nothing. Right clicking on it shows just a few limited options, none of which are to sync/move it to my iPod.

I see the Solitaire1.ipa on my PC, can I just ssh it over to /Applications?

Help!

Thanks.
  5. Zvahl

Zvahl New Member

OMG THIS. HELP
  6. Ip0DxT0ucH

Ip0DxT0ucH New Member

There should be an applications tab when you click the iPod Touch icon.. the tab would be all the way to the right.

But anyways, You can't ssh the .ipa to your PC.

Get a freeware file exchanger tool, and change the extension to .zip then open it. You should see a folder called payload. Inside there is the Solitaire1.app folder (or w/e the app name is) extract that to your desktop. Then ssh it into your /Applications folder or your stash app folder.
  7. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    DO NOT listen to this guy^^^^ he has no idea what he talking bout. If you read his post he said he bought it. But yea when lick on "your ipod" the there will be all your tabs up top select application, check the app, then hit sync
  8. Zvahl

Zvahl New Member

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/5430/helpzh0.jpg

No app tab so what does that mean? I even tried uninstalling iTunes with no luck.
  9. Evanmav

Evanmav New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you have firmare 1.1.5, you need firmare 2.0 or higher to have applications from the app store on your ipod
  10. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Alright, here's a correct response to your question.

To sync applications that you downloaded through the iTunes App Store:

1. Plug in your iPod touch, and iTunes will recognize it.
    2. Click on your iPod touch under the Devices tab. (Whatever you named it, ex: John's iPod)
    3. You're now seeing the Summary tab. At the top of this page, select the Applications tab.
    4. Check off the applications you want to sync and hit the Sync button at the bottom of iTunes.