No alerts for mail or message

Discussion in 'iPad' started by alihamilton, Aug 24, 2010.

1. alihamilton

alihamilton Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My iPad is not jailbroken. I have checked all my settings but I still do not receive alerts for mail or messages(I use IM+Pro) when the application is closed. Can someone suggest what I am doing wrong please? I have emailed IM+ and still waiting for their reply but in the meantime, I would love to fix this!
  2. bstevenhaagen

bstevenhaagen Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Go to Mail Settings and choose to Fetch Data more frequently. If it is set to manually...it will only check mail when the app is open.

also, make sure Notifications is turned on in both Settings and in the IM+ app.
  3. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    If you removed any daemons, please be advised that a few of them were necessary for push notifications to work. That mod shouldn't have been performed in the first place because these daemons are necessary for the stability of the system as a whole.
  4. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    He's not jailbroken.
  5. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Ah, okay. Sorry, I misread it. In that case, go to Settings > Notifications, see if it's On, then see if all the listed apps include Badges, Alerts, Sounds under their names. If they don't, tap on each individual app and enable Alerts, Sounds, and Badges.

If that fails, check if your iPad is always connected to the internet. You'll only receive notifications when you are connected.
  6. alihamilton

alihamilton Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    All my settings for push notifications are on, and I am on the internet. I could be on IM with my sister, leave the app and surf something but I never know if she has messaged until I go back into IM. I am trying similar apps and I don't think I get alerts for any! Oh well!