No access 2 Wifi 2 install OpenSSH-Work arround how?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jrevell99, May 28, 2009.

1. jrevell99

jrevell99 New Member

I'm on a DOD ship in the SCS with no Wifi access for at least a month. 2G is jailbroken with Redtool1, but can't even use Tunnel Suite until OpenSSH is installed thru Cydia or whatever. How can I get OpenSSH on this thing? I have WinSCP and Tunnel Suite installed on my computer.
  2. ʈ σ η y

ʈ σ η y New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    download and install diskaid, find the .deb file for openssh somewhere, use diskaid to drop it in the tmp folder, now open terminal on your ipod, type in dpkg -i /var/tmp/"what ever is the name".deb, done.
  3. jrevell99

jrevell99 New Member

Still having problems!

Thank you for responding to my qustion. I got one step closer to a solution, but I screwed something up and had to reinstall iPod2,1_2.2.1_5H11a_Restore.ipsw and jailbreak the 2G again with redtool. So before I go any farther please tell me what to do. I lost all my apps because I can't go online with itunes to give them my account information, but I didn't have terminal anyway. I was trying to get terminal to work when I messed up the file structure with diskaid. I had openssh_4.7pl1-5iphoneos-arm.deb in /root/var/tmp. But I couldn't give the commands you told me to because I didn't have terminal installed. I tried to start terminal in tunnel suite, but kept getting a PuTTY command line error "option ".pw" requires an argument" and WinSCP still won't let me in probably because OpenSSH is still not installed. Is there a way to get terminal to work? I bet you have a work arround for this one. Also, how can I get the apps back that I did pay for? Like I said, it will be more than a month before my ship hits port, and even then I'll only have a few hours to find a Wifi site and do what I can in the Philippines. Thanks for your time and advice.
  4. ʈ σ η y

ʈ σ η y New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    do you have vista?
  5. jrevell99

jrevell99 New Member

OpenSSH installation

I'm running XP