No 3.2 For iPhone And iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 4.0 Speculation' started by Puaar94, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Puaar94

Puaar94 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    iPhone SDK 3.2 beta Released for Devs
    Jan 27, 2010 - 5:06 PM - by Kyle Matthews

Please Register or Log in to view images

Apple's iPhone Dev Center (for registered iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad developers) now has the iPhone SDK 3.2 beta for download. The firmware itself is not available as a direct download.

The release notes are interesting, specifically "iPhone OS 3.2 does not support iPhone and iPod touch devices. It runs only on iPad."

There's a lot new in the 3.2 OS, much of which was seen in the iPad video on Apple's iPad page. Some new pieces of interest:

* Popovers - The little dropdown popup menu you see in the iPad screenshots and videos. A menu pops up in it's own little HUD with options.
    * Split Views With a larger screen, you can now split the content views easier in the iPad.
    * External Display Support Yup, with specific cables.

Read more about by modmyi.com
  2. R&S

R&S Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    LOL, iPhone OS doesn't support iPhone :S
  3. bamxbam

bamxbam Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    That's really stupid why don't they just call it the iPad os 1.0 even if it really is an iphone 3.1.2 updated firmware. Saying it runs on the iPhone 3.2 O.S just doesn't make sense if the iPhone isn't even supported. That's like saying I have a macbook it just "looks and feels like an hp and runs like one"
  4. ¡Will¡

¡Will¡ New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    That is really, really stupid. Just like bamxbam said, why not just call it the iPad OS 1.0? This is barely an iPhone OS update if the iPhone, what the OS was originally for, does not even support this. I'm hoping this is just some kind of sick joke because if it isn't Apple need to be ready to take lots of complaints from pissed off iPhone/iPod touch users.

Guess we have to wait for 4.0 in June.
  5. steve19137

steve19137 New Member

oh that will make ipod touch users (aka me) very upset. especially those who are tight on budget and cant upgrade.
  6. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    just because they havent released it for the touch/iPhone just now doesn't mean that they won't in the future...
  7. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This is messed up. Thanks Apple.

On the bright side, longer jailbreak time.
  8. Chamilism

Chamilism New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Ha exactly! I really don't feel like updating and re downloading everything. and get my themes perfect. I mixed a couple themes.
  9. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Exactly. Technically, no iPhone OS 3.2 doesn't exist yet (to the public), since the iPad isn't publicly available.

Who knows? IPhones and iPod touches may ge the iBook store, and a lot of other things the Ipad has with 3.2.
  10. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hopefully. If Apple does not give us 3.2, that would be really low.