Nintendo 3DS Nearly as powerful as PS3

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by qaiz, Jun 6, 2010.

1. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)

Please Register or Log in to view images

The previously announced Nintendo 3DS,The next iteration of hand held gaming from Nintendo, caused quite a stir when it was said to have '3d capabilities'.

It caused even more of a stir when Satoru Iwata,CEO of Nintendo, Announced that it will have 3d capability without the need of glasses.

It caused EVEN more of a stir when it was announced months after the Nintendo DSXL was sold in stores.

How would you feel if I told you the Nintendo 3DS, a device that will fit in your pocket...will have more power then the Wii, and just falls short of the ps3 and 360?

Well don't just assume I said this, because according to many sources, including the well renowned computerandvideogames.com.

"Several developers that have experienced 3DS in its current form have reported, off the record, that it has processing capabilities that far exceed the Nintendo Wii and bring the device with abilities that are close to HD consoles such as PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360" Stated IGN.

They also said that
    "Off the record sources indicate that the system will have user control over 3D effect to make it more or less intense"

This is reminiscent to the nvidia 3D Vision set up.

The most interesting thing is what Sony will make of this with their rumored, and well needed PSP2, which is also said to be near PS3 standards.With devices that fit in your pocket exceeding home consoles, its hard to believe Ken Kutaragi's promise of keeping the ps3 for a decade.

The Nintendo 3DS is slated for a release of before April 2011 in japan.
    Expect more during the week, and at E3.

EDIT: Some snooping around has brought me to some specs of this new device. I spoke to some people at IGN who confirmed to me that it compete with the PS3 in the processing speed rather that graphics, tho the graphics will be above that of a wii.

2. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Nice find, I want to see how the CoD, Pokemon, and Mario games runs on this
  3. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Yh, I'm super excited! I love seeing how th UI of devices look and how things are designed. I'm a sucker for that sort of thing, so i'm interested to see how it looks.

As for games, I can imagine super Mario galaxy on this bad boy, or even portable crysis :O Imagine if that came out on the 3DS! pS3 Like device in your pocket with 3D!

4. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I saw tons of news about this and i bet my family jewels (lol) that this is a huge misunderstanding.

They are basing this assumption just by the fact
    That doesn't mean it will get the same horse power or even close to the xbox 360 let alone the ps3, this might as well mean that in other for 3DS to reproduce games on 3D, games graphic quality will have to be reduced , also 3DS games will have low resolution (to handheld standards).

To top it all
    Imagination Technologies, the designer of PowerVR multimedia processors used inside portable and consumer electronics, said that in three years from now hand held consoles and smartphones will pack the same amount of graphics processing horsepower as the Sony PlayStation 3 GPU (not cell).

There is no way in hell by today's technologies that a hand held device could pack the power of the xbox 360 or ps3
  5. inspired

inspired Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I literally said "OH MAH GAWDDD!" when I saw this. In front of my parents >.<
  6. taptaptouch

taptaptouch Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
  7. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I knew you would say that, When I saw your name I was like "oh boy" lol jk

Seriously tho, you always have good arguments with this kind of stuff. But try not to take it too literal, I doubt it will be packing anything near a ps3, but remember the 3DS has a smaller screen, unless you play your ps3 on a 5inch screen,which means the 3DS has to do less work to look good because the pixels are tightly packed. Also remember this is Nintendo, known for having weak devices. This could be epic for them, and I truly believe it will be more powerful then the Wii.

It also fits in your pocket, the ps3 doesn't, so you shouldn't really go head on attacking it. Its just the mere fact that a hand held is being compared to the ps3, thats truly impressive.

Pocket vs Home
    Nintendo vs Sony

You see where this is going,Nintendo are king of consoles, I mean they created them

And you cant really say anything yet, I'm stating reports, your making them look like false facts. Nothing is set it stone, and I wouldn't be surprised it it was 'near PS3'.

Also lol at taptaptouch and inspired

8. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    @ taptaptouch
    lolwut? haha if anything that's bigger than the xbox 360 it self
  9. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    wait till the Xbox 360 slim comes out

10. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    @ qaiz
    That was my point that in order for the 3DS to reproduce 3D games will have to have a significantly low res (smaller screen), and so will graphic quality be reduced

THIS is the first thing that came to my mind when i saw the news a few says a ago and then lowut?

I am pretty sure it will be more powerful than the wii, if it didn't it would surprise me, i mean the wii is archaic when it comes to graphics even the iphone 3gs has more horse power than the wii

And i am in no way attacking the 3DS, i looks like it is going to be a hella good han-held, it just pisses me off when writers of this kind of news twist the truth to something else that its not.

lmfao, then it it will look even bigger