Ninja Buddy Updated and Featured!

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by nephilite, Mar 17, 2009.

1. nephilite

nephilite New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Hello All,

Just wanted to let you all know that the Amazing Ninja Buddy 1.2 update has hit the app store

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=303470913&mt=8
    More information here: www.omegasoftweb.com

here is what it does:

- Added a new mini-game. Swipe Ninja Buddy around for a while and he will challenge you to remember and repeat a random sequences of actions. Win to unlock a new secret Ninja move!
    - Added two more moves: meditate and levitate!
    - Added an ability list to clearly see what Ninja Buddy is capable of. Click the x in the upper right corner to return.
    - Added a cool glass-breaking effect when you fail the star mini-game
    - Added some new voice clips to go along with the new mini-game, some are fairly humorous

I hope you enjoy it! The next update is already in review.

Amazing Ninja Buddy was also just featured in the "Staff Favorites" section of the app store, so if you'd like to help us out please write a good review for the current version if you like it; thanks!!

P.S.
    Previously I posted about Ninja Buddy in the non-game thread; but each update is moving it more towards a game so I felt it was appropriate to post here as well. Thanks.
  2. charlieiscool12

charlieiscool12 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I thought that this game was too hard to do the swung in a certain direction. There shouldn't be a diagonal swing
  3. nephilite

nephilite New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Do you have the latest updates? The 1.1 version greatly improved the handling of the star mini-game; I can now win reliably while driving my car and drinking a soda; so you should be fine now

Please Register or Log in to view images

You can check http://www.omegasoftweb.com/omega/ninjabuddy.cfm for proper technique (there is a youtube example video there as well).
  4. MartialB

MartialB New Member

This is actually way more fun than I initially expected; and I think if you continue to update it it could easily be one of the top apps; i'd like to see some more weapons too

5. nephilite

nephilite New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    We are definitely planning on updating weekly (or as close to it as apple's review process will allow). The next one comes out around Saturday; I hope you enjoy!
  6. MartialB

MartialB New Member

Cool; what is this update bringing to the table; more games?
  7. nephilite

nephilite New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    This one is adding more dialogue options to the ninja; basically tapping his face makes him talk; but if you do it too much in a row he gets annoyed

8. MartialB

MartialB New Member

Cool. Are there going to be more minigames after that? I think it would be cool to have buttons to start the mini-games right away on the mainscreen; to make it easier to dive right in if that's what you wanna do; what do ya think?
  9. nephilite

nephilite New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Update 1.3 Just Landed

Amazing Ninja Buddy v1.3 has just landed.

This update introduces some dialogue options with the ninja. You can now tap his face to have him talk to you; and if you keep doing it in a row he gets progressively more impatient with you

Right now there are only 7 voice clips, but if the response is positive I will record some more. There are also a few minor bug fixes etc. The next update will be a bigger one, stay tuned for more information; thanks!

10. MartialB

MartialB New Member

Very awesome; I like the sound clips a lot; but please add more minigames in the next update; Ninja Buddy is great; but more variety is needed to make it have true lasting appeal. Thanks.