Nikita reference in iTunes .plist

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by sunsfan, Jan 17, 2008.

1. sunsfan

sunsfan New Member

I do not claim to be an expert or knowledgeable about this stuff, but I noticed a Nikita reference in the "com.apple.iTunes.plist" located in /Users/xxxx/Library/Preferences

There is a <string>nikitaReminders</string> in it. I have never edited a plist file before, so I do not know if a Hex Editor is need or what.

This might have already been mentioned and knocked down already, but I thought I will try.

Here is my story.

I have IPT 16GB running 1.1.2jb (I have not attempted to upgrade)
    I did update iTunes to 7.6 (so I can not compare this 7.6 iTunes plist file to a 7.5 iTunes plist file)

Hope this makes sense to someone.
  2. NUCLEaR

NUCLEaR New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    that sounds like the reminder that pops up to remind you that you can purchase the apps.
  3. aftershock68

aftershock68 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yeah it is. after you purchase the apps you get a file called (nikita_receipt.plist) in private/var/mobile/applications. open it up in notepad and copy from data to /data and use a base64 decoder and it will give you the Abe Lincoln inauguration address or something. pretty sweet.
  4. di0s

di0s New Member

I don't plan to buy that software but I want to get rid of the nag screen. Anyone that has bought it care to post the contents of that plist file so I can get rid of the nag?