Nikeplus and iPod Touch 2G

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Kocherda, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Kocherda

Kocherda Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Hello Guys
    I would really like to buy the Nike sensor for my new iPod Touch 2G and a Case for joging with it. Now I wanted to ask some people here if they have had experience with this. My question is, isnt the itouch almost like to big for Joging?
    Or is it fine to go joging with it? And also if it is, then what case would you advise me to buy for Joging with it? Thanks or the answeres.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. WhiteNova

WhiteNova New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    havent used nike plus but have run with my ipodt... get an arm band. the only way to go.
  3. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    I use my Nano for running and the Nike+. Personally I haven't tried my 2G Touch for running because it seems kind of silly. If you do though the arm band is the way to go. Nike+ is pretty cool and tracks stuff for you online.
  4. glitchbit

glitchbit New Member

I just put the 2g in my pocket... also I bought the velco thing on amazon so I can put the nike+ on any shoe.

It works well, but I miss bluetooth. I have 3 bluetooth headsets and I have not yet bought a bluetooth dongle for the touch for 2 reasons, price, but mostly people say they do not work well when they are in your pocket... (the MAIN reason to buy it in the first place).
  5. kirkb07

kirkb07 New Member

I got the nike plus sensor a few weeks ago... an a Belkin armband for my new touch. It seems to jostle around a little and I assume it would be even more awkward if you had smaller arms. It is sort of annoying at first, but once you start running i think that you sorta forget it is there. I wouldn't say you shouldn't get one, The Nike+ is a great feature and really gets me motivated to run and its handiness outweighs the "clonkiness" of the Ipod Touch
  6. vbcoder

vbcoder New Member

I have the ipod touch 2G and Nike+ as well. Just got a bodyguardz cover on mine and then stick in in my pocket. Works OK, but would rather get an armband though. I had the 3g Nano as well and IMHO I liked it a lot better. It's small and you can skip to next songs easier. But, I'm getting used to it on the touch and I couldn't justify having a nano just for running and also a touch too.