Nike+ Ipod Watchremote

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by n1ck0, Dec 16, 2008.

1. n1ck0

n1ck0 New Member

For those of you who don't know what it is:
    http://store.nike.com/index.jsp?country=US&lang_locale=en_US&l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-218268
    and here:
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/TU016ZM/A?mco=MTIxODk3Mw

Now to clarify, this is not the Amp+ that was released last year, its new with some better features (no need to cut the band for different sizes). According to both Nike and Apple, these are only supposed to work with the nano. But I noticed in the new update for my touch, a "remote" option appeared at the bottom of the Nike+ Ipod settings. So I went to my Nike shop today and tried one, and it worked. Problem is that it only works when my touch is in Nike mode. It will not play/pause or change songs normally. I was disappointed because not only would I use this while exercising but would love to use it as a remote in my car or at home. Do you think this is simply an apple firmware upgrade? For those of you who have a nano and have used this watch (I'm not sure how many of you there are), does it work as a normal remote as well?

Hope someone can help
  2. n1ck0

n1ck0 New Member

BUMP

Anyone?
  3. daris

daris Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    this sounds really sweet! if its works like that, than i would totally use it for my ipod touch all the time.

Anyone know?
  4. rash219

rash219 New Member

man you guys are better off buying the ironman icontrol watch......only quirk is that you would have to use an adapter....
  5. hypochondriac

hypochondriac New Member

I have researched this and it seems that you can't at the moment. I'm going to hold off until there is a firmware upgrade to fix this.