Nike + for touch?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by bard1290, Dec 30, 2007.

1. bard1290

bard1290 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I know that the nike + is only supposed to be for the nano....but i would be extremely greatful if someone was able to mod the software and create an application that would work with this. Im not even sure if this is possible and also i do not know much about the file types of the iPods, but i found where the nike + is located on the nano (my mom has one but wont let me run with it because i have a touch), and i tried to recreate the file paths on the touch, but it doesnt work. it still says "This accessory is not supported by iPod". i would be willing to invest in this.
  2. jackal123uk

jackal123uk New Member

I agree 100%. True the Nike+ is only "supposed" to run on nanos but how many apps have we got on our touchs that aren't "supposed" to be there.

I can see apple's logic in not including support for nike+ on the touch and I understand that the different OS of the touch complicates matters but I don't think it's impossible. There are a lot of very clever people out there who've done amazing things with the touch already so I think given time it can be done.

However, what puzzles me is that there's almost no discussion of hacking this device anywhere (at least that I can find). I've seen some pretty trivial hacks and pointless apps floating about but it seems that no one wants to take this on - maybe hacking and running don't go together.

If anyone knows any different then let me know as I'd love to follow any progress made.
  3. hunterftballman

hunterftballman New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    this is pretty cool it would be cool to have but i mean lets say ur running like havnig the touch isn't the most ideal mp3 to be strapped to ur arm but this would be useful
  4. bard1290

bard1290 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i have found the same thing jackal123uk. it is very hard to find stuff on hacking the Nike +. i dont mean to sound stereotypical, but maybe hackers dont run? because i noticed that the gaming systems NES, Gba, and psx all came off relatively quickly, and i feel like this might be easier than that to crack. and i agree with hunterftballman that the touch isnt ideal for running...but...(un)fortunately...thats what i have.

is there any way that i (we) can bring some more attention to this? possibly to one of the mods to point us in the right direction? im not too familiar with forums in general.
  5. Vision_Again

Vision_Again New Member

Device:
    iPad
    hmmmmmmm..... Well theres a pedamotor.app right?
  6. bard1290

bard1290 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yea ive seen the pedometer.app. but all that is is a "toy" it is only experimental right now as i know of and doesnt have any real function except to count the number of steps you take.
  7. dboone21

dboone21 New Member

too many smart people to think this is impossible...

There's too many smart people out there to think that no one can do this. Maybe if we get enough posts for this, someone with the skillset will recognize the need and try to do it!
  8. MrBrightside

MrBrightside Active Member

Theres another thread on this if you search i think and it doesnt seem likely YET. I posted on that thread aswel because I for one would like Nike + on the Touch. Using the one for nano on Touch though wont work though because of the adaptor firmware or something so its going to have to be something new.

The only thing is though, running with the Touch =S maybe a bit too big
  9. pluto198

pluto198 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm pretty sure Apple's working on (or has at least considered) this, ever since 1.1.1, there have been references to "com.apple.mobile.nike" as well as "com.apple.mobile.radio" in the firmware.
  10. MrBrightside

MrBrightside Active Member