Nike+ app?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by manchan, Feb 3, 2008.

1. manchan

manchan New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Is it possible to have/make Nike plus for an iPod touch?
  2. diuneilomo

diuneilomo New Member

What do you mean? The sport app?
  3. shasha

shasha New Member

ya, that would be great ...
  4. berky93

berky93 New Member

I doubt you could make it work with the nike device because you would need to comepletely re-write the app, or do some major mods to the ipod one.

but what if you made an app that used the accelerometer? like a way advanced version of pedometer.app
  5. MrBrightside

MrBrightside Active Member

This would be cool, I used to have the Nike+ thing on my old ipod nano and thought it was pretty good. Now its going to no use since I dont have the nano. But as berky93 said, ud have to really change it to make it work with the wireless adaptor that goes in your shoe.

Nike and Ipod should bring an official one out i reckon that works with the Touch. I'm guessing they wont though seeing as many people are unlikely to run with the Touch in their pocket/on their arm.

Doubt an app will happen
  6. berky93

berky93 New Member

Im sure if apple actually looked at some of the 3rd party apps people are developing, they could get tons of ideas. they could make a whole nike + workout system with the touch. it could use ad-hoc to connect to the little dongle, or just use the accelerometer or something. I think it could work, but we'd need to make a whole new set-up.

they said that playstation was impossible, but this probably is. that doesnt mean we shouldnt try.
  7. brandon311

brandon311 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well we'll see when the Sdk comes out. i dont think that apple will because the touch is so big. But Apple hasn't done ANYTHING with the accelerometer only we have unfortunately maybe they will at the end of the month it's hard telling. I dont have Nike + shoes so I wouldn't use this anyways
  8. dboone21

dboone21 New Member

Can anyone figure out how to do this? I'm not smart enough, but it seems like you just take the software off of the Nano, and edit it to work on the touch - or fake it out to think it's on a nano...