Nico Nico Douga App (English Translation)

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Qazar, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Qazar

Qazar New Member

Hello Everyone, I made an (partial) english translation for the Nico Nico Douga app, as this application is only available in Japan and its made by modifying some of its files, I don't know if I am allowed to post it here, Could a mod tell me if I can? Also, if anyone knows how to "translate the code" I could complete the translation, thanks in advance!
  2. spideyjvc

spideyjvc New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Small bump here, I just checked on my iPod by searching 二コ二コ動画、I found that the app was free. I didn't even know this app existed until I browsed around and found this thread.

The app is free to download in the Japanese iTunes store (anyone can set their store to Japanese)
    I personally find this to be a gray area. The app itself is free for anyone, but we certainly do need a mod to clarify if it is okay to post a modified version of an official app here or not. I sent you a PM a few minutes before this post, before I researched myself on this app.

It'd be great to have a semi-translated version of the app.
  3. Olehk8

Olehk8 New Member

What is it?
  4. spideyjvc

spideyjvc New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Nicovideo is a Japanese site for streaming videos. Call it the Japanese youtube, if you like the sound of that better. Nico nico douga has a lot of videos you'd be unable to find on youtube. I didn't expect many people here to know about it really. It's not exactly an app I can see a lot of people rushing to get, but it's certainly one that those who frequent Nico Nico Douga would love to get.