Next Song shake application

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by maumarti2k, Nov 18, 2007.

1. maumarti2k

maumarti2k New Member

The function I miss the most on the iPod Touch is the possibility to move to the next song without having to take it out of my pocket, turn the screen on and unlock it. I've seen a Sony Ericsson W580 which also seems to have a Gyroscope, and uses it in a way that, when you shake your phone, it'll go to the next song. Does anyone know if there's something similar for the ipod Touch? In case there isn't, is there any developer around that would like to have this function as much as I do and is willing to develop it and share it with the world?
  2. fckmayday

fckmayday New Member

It would be nice to have it, but ive learned how to change the song without takin my ipod out of the pocket. You press the home button twice, go to the top of the ipod, and in my case, its one move with a finger to hit the next song, works perfect.
  3. Rawd

Rawd New Member

I think this is brilliant. Someone make this please.
  4. brewer-11

brewer-11 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    its a really good idea i would also love it.....but how would you make it so that it doesnt change songs in your pocket whilst your walking??
  5. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Well, with the "ants" application, you have to shake it quite hard to get them to fall in the direction you want. I think you could even have a sensitivity setting.
  6. its.joesef

its.joesef New Member

I dont know about this, if I saw someone with an ipod touch, and I didnt know what he was doing, I would think he had turrets or something. Twitching like every few seconds like that.
  7. Rawd

Rawd New Member

lol. Funny image.. ya.

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. NormNConquest

NormNConquest New Member

Returns 10 minutes later after realizing that joesef probably meant Tourette's [Syndrome].

I walked away thinking turrets was some mysterious English euphemism like shingles or he grippe.
  9. kevio

kevio New Member

You mean like this?
    http://www.apple-touch.com/flick-your-touch-to-manage-track-changes-16261.php

Flick your Touch to manage track changes
    Considering the lyrical waxing over the iPod Touch’s CoverFlow music browsing system, I’m almost surprised there are people out there who’d like to change the way the PMP handles tracks. However, wherever there’s cool hardware, there’ll be people wanting to make it even cooler: hence Matt’s project to bring flick-style transport controls to the Touch via its onboard accelerometer.

You may have seen a similar system on some of Sony Ericsson’s high-end Walkman cellphones: rather than use on-screen controls or hardware buttons to flip between songs, you jerk the PMP forward or backward. Matt describes his (fledgling) project as being intended to tackle the problem of using the iPod Touch (or iPhone) while in a pocket; without a hardware scroll-wheel it’s not so easy to navigate music.

It’s definitely early days in the project, but it could be a useful addition once Matt gets into it.

Written by: Chris Davies
  10. TheRays

TheRays New Member

That will be so cool ! Looking forward to that!