Next iTouch to have Digital Camera like iPhone?!?!

Discussion in 'Apple Discussions, Rumours and Speculation' started by MS1026, Dec 13, 2007.

1. MS1026

MS1026 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I hope Apple has thought of this, and if not they need to get on it immediately but in the next release of an updated iTouch they definitley need to have the digital camera portion installed like the iPhone. It already has the platform for pictures and internet capabilities, but I can only imagine the commercials now showing people with headphones on surfing the net and then taking a picture of someone else listening to a song and surfing the net and then sending the picture over wireless free wifi to someone else who is doing the same thing.

Does anyone else think they will do this?!
  2. chopshop

chopshop New Member

or if it could handle it, video chat perhaps?
  3. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

i personally do not wish to see a camera on the touch and i highly doubt they will add it this soon if ever
  4. sangesf

sangesf New Member

While we're talking about it....

Lets add the ability to make a call via EDGE on the iPod Touch too!

Oh wait, we have that already... It's called the IPHONE!!! LOL!

In other words, If you want ALL of the functionality of an iPhone, buy one. No one says you have to buy one WITH a cellular contract. By the time you added all the hardware of an iPhone, it would cost as much as one.
  5. JonSingh12

JonSingh12 New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    not everyones rich to buy both touch n iphone
  6. sangesf

sangesf New Member

I think you missed the point...

Buy one or the other.

If i needed a new Cell phone and an iPod I would have bought the iPhone.. But I didn't.

I always wanted an iPod. I was actually going to buy the Nano... Until I saw the Touch was coming, so I held off and bought it.

Don't get me wrong...

I LOVE the fact that we're able to do so much with the iPod Touch.
    But as I go along and see all these things coming out for it.... when you start adding up all the costs of the required hardware, it's gonna come out quite close in price to an iPhone.

Just stating the obvious.
  7. Joseph

Joseph Retired Moderator

I though I was the only one who actually didn't want a camera on the iPod... and honestly I'm sick of people saying stuff about the next gen iPod will have a digital camera... like people above said, if you want a camera and other iPhone-like-features, then get an iPhone...
  8. MS1026

MS1026 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Until you guys pointed it out I didn't think about getting a iPhone without a contract.. I have Verizon Wireless and have already had Cingular in the past and they were horrible. I will prob just get the iPhone now and sell the iTouch because they are the same thing as far as i can see so far but the iPhone has the speaker, voice technology like voice recorder, and takes pictures...

It's definitley a better buy I wish someone would prove me wrong so I don't go out and spend more money around the holiday season! haha
  9. sangesf

sangesf New Member

The only Problem with getting it without a contract, is that you then have to pay ALOT more for the iPhone... Here in america, it's usually around another two to three hundred more.

How's that for reason NOT to sell your iPod Touch?
    You also can't use it for EDGE connections, so basically you have the iPhone, but you've paid ALOT more for it, JUST for the speaker, Voice technology, Camera and Bluetooth.
  10. 4dthinker

4dthinker New Member

One of the best addons for my ancient Treo was a cheap camera. It let you take pictures of your contacts and add them to your contact list, as well as pictures of anything else relevent to an email you were sending or just wanted to take. Of course not everyone needs or wants a camera with their ipod, so perhaps an addon that uses the dock connector would to the job. Then one solution might work for every model of ipod that has a color screen. You can get 4 megapixel cameras for under $100, and they come with storage and batteries and their own screen. Leave those components out and you should be able to make a great camera addon for less than $50.

4D