Next Apple event iPod surprise?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Appman, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Appman

Appman Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I've heard that the iPod Touch 1gen 32gb was released not on an Apple event. Did it just appear on the website. Do you think this will happen to the touch with a camera? When is the next Apple event? Thanks!
  2. cameraboirzu

cameraboirzu New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Get used to the fact that no iTouch will have a camera.
    Apple want's you to buy the iPhone, so that they make more money. Thats why some features will never go on the iTouch, like cameras, phone coverage, etc.
    Surely you have a cell phone? Most cell phones have cameras. Use that one.
  3. ben

ben Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Is that so? And that's why they put a video camera on the nano? Because they want people to buy an iPhone?
    Also, they won't put a camera on the iPod touch? Is that because there's a space for it, or because it is currently exploding in sales?
  4. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    There's enough differentiation that a camera on the nano wouldn't infringe upon iPhone sales. People are hardly going to base the decisions between nano and iPhone on the presence of a camera, but if it were to be iPod Touch vs. iPhone it would be more of an issue.
  5. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

As explained in the keynote, the video camera was put in there to win over the market for small, cheap cameras.

The iPod Touch is expensive as it is without throwing a camera into the mix.
  6. xinzhitan14

xinzhitan14 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    nano offers no where near as much as the iphone does. touch however, offers as much as the iphone does, adding a decent camera on it would draw a thinner line between the two.

personally i dont see much of a use in a camera (unless they can make games which utilise the camera), because pretty much every phone these days houses a camera and i dont even use my 5mp camera. They'd have to add a pretty damn good camera on the back for me to use it.
  7. venom800tt

venom800tt New Member

I think people just want extra feature on their device I bet if Ipod touch even had camera only 20% of people would use it.
    Btw nano is no where near iPhone but Itouch is basicaly an Iphone without phone and camera but these days there are program like fring that you can use your itouch as a phone and I tested it with success, not very reliable but it's still possible
  8. Appman

Appman Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hey you guys didn't answer my first question: was the 1gen 32gb version released at a leynote or just show up or something.
  9. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    The 32GB model of the 1G iPod touch was added in February 2008 with no keynote.