Newly jailbroken touch, I can't install anything! Error message, please help

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by andrewcloy, Jun 7, 2008.

1. andrewcloy

andrewcloy New Member

I went with ziphone. I am a newbie and don't understand ssh, and all of the other tech terms floating around. I just want to instal a japanese dictionary and a few games. Please give me some very simple instructions. I went to a hotspot and tried to install some apps but a message kept popping up..."Error, package download failed!" the signal was strong and I have never downloaded anything before. I have read a few post about the this topic but people keep say download something and then try. I'm a newb but how can I instal somethingif I can't download it first? Like boss whatever or summerboard. Please help!
  2. Oliver Barker

Oliver Barker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If your a newbie and your iPod isn't jailbroken then get iLiberty which is a lot simplier. Open it with your iPod plugged in, and click free my iPod touch! ZiPhone is for more intermediate people. No offense!
  3. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    ziPhone is pretty easy. It's probably the other way around.
    Check this out.
    Linkage
  4. mlbplayer456

mlbplayer456 Banned

its not your wireless internet's fault its the person who hosts the app, they probably wrote their xml file wrong. Try to install something else but clear queue. Thenn download some other stuff.
  5. wildseal2003

wildseal2003 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hold home for 7 sec or restart then try again
  6. sirtooshort10

sirtooshort10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    i find that 90% of the time i fix my installer by reinstalling it. Open installer, go to uninstall, tap on installer, and then click reinstall. Then try downloading whatever you want again, but also it could be the uploaders fault and not yours.
  7. fiRe_aT

fiRe_aT New Member

just refresh the sources in ur installer, restart ipod, refresh again and everything should be fine.
  8. JBB

JBB New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Ugghhh... ZiPhone is for people who like installing fixes because Zibri doesn't know how to.

Andrewcloy, refresh your sources.