Newest rumor

Discussion in 'Apple Discussions, Rumours and Speculation' started by Laments Song, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Laments Song

Laments Song New Member

Okay, I was talking to a local person on Craiglist about buying his NIB 16 GB iTouch, and he started giving me a reason to wait on purchasing an iTouch. Kinda backwards, if you ask me, but here is what he told me.

"The rumor" was that they will be phasing out the 8 GB iTouch (Which makes sense), but in turn, droping the prices on the 16 GB and 32 GB iTouch's by $100. Respectivly, $299 and $399. To me, that does not make sense, as they just came out with the 32 GB iTouch and they are literally selling like hotcakes.

The other "rumor" that he told me was that most of the available models out there ended with an A in the serial number. This being the common one that was out there, but that there is a release of a B model now that is basically a version 1.5 which has five new applications added. I am guessing that that sounds like a 1.1.3 firmware coming direct from Apple, but I admit that I don't know nearly enough about the Itouch to be able to tell if this is what is going on currently or what.

Again, this is coming from a guy that I was offering to buy his BNIB iTouch, and he was basically trying to give me reasons not to. Weird in my book.
  2. frnkyn

frnkyn Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    my serial number ends with a N

Please Register or Log in to view images

and the ipods with the jan apps installed are still on 1.1.3
  3. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    That's most likely what will happen. New iPod touches come with the 5 iPhone apps preinstalled. It is only inevitable that Apple will phase out the 8 GB models and lower the prices. I'm not sure this is entirely "news", but you've given a different perspective I guess.

Yet again, Apple will drop the price on its early adopters.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. xM45x

xM45x New Member

gawd if they drop the price on the 32 gb i might have to buy it
  5. hotwater10

hotwater10 Banned

i think they should have a 8gb and a 32gb.......32 for rich people and 8 for poor people like me
  6. xM45x

xM45x New Member

thats good right there
  7. hotwater10

hotwater10 Banned

wow i thought people would just flame me
  8. Laments Song

Laments Song New Member

I know that they are going to drop the prices and eventually phase out the 8 GB model. That makes a certain logical sense. But for this guy to tell me this when I am trying to buy his iTouch is kind of stupid in my opinion. So I guess he just does not have the sense to really do business. His loss, someone else will get my money other than him.
  9. dimdig23

dimdig23 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    well im gonna keep my 8gb until a new version comes out like it has almsot every year with the nanos
  10. Virtualball

Virtualball Well-Known Member

That's not the same. The iPhone's price drop dropped a third of it's price 2 months after it came out for no reason. They would be eliminating a model and equalizing the pricing structure. It makes MUCH more sense for them to drop the 8 GB one and stabilize the prices.