Newest Jailbreakable iPod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by Acsaal, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Acsaal

Acsaal New Member

Hello,

I have wanted an iPod touch since i first heard of its release,
    However, until this christmas i have not had enough spare cash lying around.. until now!

Anyways, i was just wondering, what is the newest iPod Touch OS/etc. that can be jailbroken? If i went down to my local harvey norman (An aussie store) and bought a 64GiB (http://www.harveynorman.com.au/product/1255509363415/new-ipod-touch-gb) does anyone on here reckon i will have any conflicts with jailbreaking?
    Is there anything i should not do (IE.Updating to the latest firmware, connecting it to my computer, connecting it to the internet) before i get ready to jailbreak it?

Im sorry, these questions or something along close equivilant lines have probably been answered but i do not have the time to search hundreds of forum posts looking for the answer as i have relatives from all over the world coming over tomorrow.

Any help would be much appreciated

Please Register or Log in to view images

Oh, and merry christmas to all.

EDIT: I am incredibly sorry for my ignorance, i just noticed i have probably just posted this in the entirely wrong section. Would there be any way that someone could move it to the appropriate place, or instruct me on how to do so? Sorry again, and if its in the wrong place -- never mind

2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

I sort of skimmed through your thread, but I sort of got the gist of it. If you buy the 64gb 3G model, it will come with 3.1.1 or 3.1.2, and you can jailbreak both of them using blackra1n. BUT it will be tethered. Meaning, if you turn your iPod off, reboot the iPod, or your iPod dies, you will need to run blackra1n again and to turn it back on, but you will not lose any data.
  3. sam_rock

sam_rock Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    the latest iPod.Touch 3G comes with 3.1.1 software n you can upgrade to 3.1.2, cuz 3.1.1 was buggy. Then download Blackra1n from http://www.blackra1n.com it's very simple. Just plug in ur iPod.Touch with 3.1.x firmware and run blackra1n and click make it rain. Ur iPod.Touch will go into restore mode (iTunes logo with USB), and a Geohot pic will show on ur device. then it will reboot and you will blackra1n app on ur iPod.Touch springboard. use ur WiFi to download Cydia or Rock or both.
    NOTE: for the 3G, it's tethered which means u will need to use blackra1n everytime you turn it off and then on. it will stuck in restore mode every time you reboot.
  4. Acsaal

Acsaal New Member

Hey, thanks for your replies -- So if i get this new iPod touch i will just need to keep re-enabling the firmware.. thats all ok, but does that mean i need to connect it to my computer and do the make it rain thing every time or do i just need to launch the App on the iPod touch, like is the App still installed after being switched off or do i have to connect it to my comp every time to turn it back on?

Thanks again,
    Acsaal.
  5. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    You need to connect to your computer, and make it ra1n each time your device shuts off or re-boots. It won't shut-off or re-boot unless it crashes, which it never should, or when your installing something in Cydia which requires a re-boot.

Other then that, give it a try, if you don't like it plug into iTunes, click your iPod's page, then click restore.. Your back to normal.

Good luck,
    Brendan
  6. kuposzczak

kuposzczak New Member

hey can any1 help me .... ive got ipod touch 3g 8gb and i tried like 30 times to jailbreak it but i cant -,- i did once but then the screen on ipod showed with cable and itunes logo

and never dissapeared. I tried many times to "make it rain" properly but i cant -,- allways same screen shows and maken nothin.

i hope any1 will at least read my post and understand my problem ^____^

Peace
  7. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    run blackra1n while its on the connect to itunes screen
  8. Plasmah

Plasmah New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I just Jailbroke a new 32gig 3rd Gen today.

I'm running WinVista.

Try this....

1. Shut down Firewall and Virus detection
    2. Copy Blackra1n.exe to root c:\ then run as admin

Let me know if that helped

Also for those having problems restoring:

I notice when I was restoring with Firewall and Viruscan active that it would error and not Restore.
    After I shut my Firewall and Virus programs down Restore works all the time.
  9. Acsaal

Acsaal New Member

Hey, thanks.
    Yeah, i was kinda expecting that -- a bit like the latest PSPs when you want to put CFW on them it only lasts until the device resets.. meh, thats alright, still worth it i guess

And @ Plasmah -- and all the other computer techs out there on Vista or 7 -- i always advise peeps to disable UAC. It might lessen your computers security, but it inhances its compatability and functionality, along with doing many other useful things (Inc. speeding it up etc.).
    (http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...nt-control-uac-the-easy-way-on-windows-vista/)

EDIT: nvm lol

Thankyou again for all your help,
    Acsaal/Arukk