newer version of DevCon jailbreak for windows???

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by mydrewbe, Mar 8, 2008.

1. mydrewbe

mydrewbe Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    when you go to the thread for the DevCon Team's soft jailbreak to 1.1.4 for windows, you download the file and in the read me it says:

does anyone know if the one for windows has been updated?
    and yes i do know that installer has it...
    but yeah is there an more recent one other then the one that showed up on Feb 27th at 9:41 pm
  2. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This is just a thing we hadn't changed while we were testing, it was to inform our beta testers that we were still testing, and in error we hadn't changed it. there is no need for an update because ziphone is practically working and the Dev team jailbreak (really nice btw) should be out soon.
  3. mydrewbe

mydrewbe Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    hey what is the piont of that software update fix that was under that http://www.ishdev.bravehost.com/repo.xml
    source.. it says it fixes UI bugs. what are those and do i install it before or after the jailbreak.. and your right..the dev team is working on that Pwnage thing.its amazing
  4. lewisb62

lewisb62 New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G

What about the jailbreak issues on the 16/32gb touches? Are the current hacks/workarounds the accepted method for jailbreaking? It seems a lot of people are still having problems.

I can understand if the dev team are working on the new method, which sounds awesome. I was just curious. With the current issues people are having, I'm thiking of waiting for the dev team.
  5. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well, I just took that package down because that is our beta repo and it was simply a test and the test went through and then we messed it up again lol.... anyway it didn't work right so.... unexplained bugs are still unexplained. I am still pondering them though.
  6. lewisb62

lewisb62 New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    tanks!!

No worries, I really appreciate the effort you guys put into it. Thanks!

Please Register or Log in to view images

I've been in the psp and the winmo cellphone hacking scene for quite awhile, so I've seen how tough it can be. Then on the next update, it starts all over again. It takes a lot of time and effort.
  7. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    actually this took about an hour after 1.1.4 was released but it was luck that it was similar to 1.1.3 in so many ways lol
  8. ballinjace

ballinjace New Member

Eww, dont use their 'soft jailbreak.'
  9. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think if you are going to pose a (nice non flaming ) argument you should give a little more than just "Eww"
  10. ballinjace

ballinjace New Member

I'm not flaming, I'm just saying not to use it.

Usually you've to go into recovery mode, and soft jailbreaks don't always work.

It messed up for me numerous amounts of times, so I'm just recommending not using it.