Newby, I have some questions...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lj1988, Dec 19, 2008.

1. lj1988

lj1988 New Member

Ok, so I just got my first iPod touch and there's a couple of things I need help with... I've been looking round on here but my questions haven't really been answered so, the first thing I need to know is, is it possible to delete pics from your ipod photos library and if so how? Second, do I have to pay to use the internet on it (Safari and mail), obviously I do I just want to know how?

And lastly, I want some apps on it but can't figure out how (and where to pay?) I've tried going to the help.apple.com/ipodtouch site but it doesn't work....

Help Pllleeeassse!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Any info you can give is much appreciated! Cheers.
  2. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

OK, here are some answers:

1. You can't delete pics from your iPod that were synced through iTunes, only ones you can delete are the ones saved through Safari or screenshots.

2. iPod touch uses Wi-Fi, so you can set up a Wi-Fi router or use a hotspot and get signal from there.

3. To download apps and other media you need to have an iTunes account, if you only want free apps, you can create a credit card-less account by following this tutorial.
  3. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Hey there,

You don't have to pay to use the internet (mobile Safari) on your iPod touch. It's through a Wi-Fi connection, not a network like the iPhone, so you connect to your home wireless connection or any other connection that may be surrounding you. For example, if you go to New York City, your iPod touch will pick up on 20 to almost 50 connections at some points.

Also, you get applications through the App Store which is an application on the iPod touch. You tap on the App Store icon and it loads a mobile store-like interface where you can browse through games and applications and download them straight from your iPod so you don't need a computer. For the paid applications, you pay by creating an iTunes Store account through iTunes on your computer, and by linking your credit card or an iTunes gift card (this second option doesn't apply to Canadians) to this account. Then when you purchase an application, the cost will automatically be billed to your credit card or deducted from the balance on your iTunes gift card.
  4. lj1988

lj1988 New Member

Great thanks for your help guys.

So I'm guessing my next question is this: How do I actually connect to the Wi-Fi connection that is nearby? (I'm not 100% sure I understand the termonology 'Wi-Fi'; is it just wireless internet?

) I obviously go into the Wi-Fi settings, but don't know what to put in the 'Wi-Fi Networks' area... Hopefully once I get this work I'll be able to get some games but at the moment it's telling me I 'cannot connect to the App Store' due to not having a Wi-Fi connection.

Thanks again......

5. ParrotBoy

ParrotBoy Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    If you have a wireless router in your room, Just go into your iPod settings and connect to it... If not, Then your a little screwed for internet unless theres somewhere with free wifi nearby.