newbie!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by keatze, Jun 19, 2008.

1. keatze

keatze New Member

hi ya peeps
    im new here, and new to ipod touch! i have just bought one. Its great... but i can not get the updates! im runnin 1.14... but i cant get the january update anywhere! ggrrrr! and what is this firmware2.0?? can anyone help me! would be mucho appreciato!
  2. sheshollywood

sheshollywood New Member

3. mlbplayer456

mlbplayer456 Banned

If you jailbreak then you can get the software update for free. Firmware 2.0 will be released july 11th along with the iphone 3g. this firmware supports official 3rd party apps from the appstore (apple version of installer)
    to jailbreak foolow these steps:
    Restore to 1.1.4 (restore button in itunes)
    then download and install iLiberty+ http://theiphoneproject.org/download/iLibertyX-1.51.zip
    you must be on windows
    then make sure your ipod is plugged in then open iliberty, on your ipod slide to unlock so the home screen is showing then in ilberty have just jailbreak checked off and press go for it after about 1 minute it will be done. Then after your ipod reboots there will be an application called installer, open that and if you need to update. Then in the tabs at the bottom go to sources top right edit then add on the top left. then add this source:
    http://repo.ispazio.net
    then once its done refreshing go to the install tab scroll down to tweaks 1.1.4 then iphone/ipod full features 1.1.4 then install it, go back to the home screen there will be a spinning cog for a few seconds then the apps will be there.
  4. TmacHot

TmacHot Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    firmware 2.0 is the official from apple with appstore
    welcome to the forums hope u enjoy
  5. keatze

keatze New Member

ive searched all over the apple website, cant find the update anywhere??
  6. Pilk

Pilk New Member

I don't think it's on Apple's website anymore. But if you just bought your iPod then it should already be on. It's the mail, maps, weather, stocks and notes apps, plus the wiggle feature and webclips. If you don't have it then jailbreak your ipod and you can get it for free

Please Register or Log in to view images

Welcome to the site!
  7. mrgas2004

mrgas2004 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    just jailbreak and get it for free.
  8. nbvikingsidiot001

nbvikingsidiot001 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    the january update is still 1.1.4 but with extra applications like weather, notes, maps, mail, and stocks

if you got your ipod new it should already have it insalled

and of course your gonna wanna jailbreak to get all the awesome applications from the community
  9. keatze

keatze New Member

bit worried bout jail breaking it just incase apple release an update that freezes it up!
    ok think i might jus f**ck it and jailbreak it... if i do whats a good way to do it?? i was looking at www.ziphone.org any ideas?
  10. apple123

apple123 New Member

Nope, don't worry, as long as you don't update to a newer version your jalbreak will always be there and work fine. And also, its virtually impossble to brick an iPod (a.k.a. rendering it broken beyond repair).