Newbie with a great xmas present

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jc51, Dec 25, 2007.

1. jc51

jc51 New Member

Well as you can imagine i got a touch for xmas, i knew i was getting it so registered on here maybe a week ago, ive been reading all the jailbreak things and thinking great cannot wait to do that!!

Well came to it, i cant even get on the internet, i ahve searched but never seems to give me the answer to my problems..

I have an orange livebox here at home, i have all the passwords, but what settings am i supposed to use, i go into live box and there is....DCHP OR bootP OR Static and then what to fill in etc ?

Your help will be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks Guys and girls!!

Jc
  2. hack27e

hack27e New Member

Ok go to settings,tap Wi-Fi.choose which network you want to connect to, then stay under DHCP. If you have a password, then tap that in. Tell me how that goes.
  3. jc51

jc51 New Member

do u mean down at the http proxy or just when tapping on the network prompts you ?
    If its when the network prompts you it stil says unable to connect...
  4. mikepod37

mikepod37 New Member

got one today for chrimbo ....wow what a piece of work!
    I managed to get wifi working with my livebox - took a bit of fiddling about maybe the following may help;

- didnt change any of the wireless config settings on either the touch or livebox,except if you are on wpa or wep security change to wpa only
    - also when typing in the hex (26 digit) password ensure you use the shift key each time you enter an alpha char (e.g a-f)
    - dont forget to 'pair' the livebox with your touch - press the 1 button on the front (bottom right) of your livebox.

good luck-once your'e on its brill !

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. jc51

jc51 New Member

Cannot thank you enough
    Perfect instructions!!

Kudos to that man!

The the fun begin!
  6. mikepod37

mikepod37 New Member

Glad I could help out!

Enjoy!!!!