Newbie w/ a question about cases....

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by jjj5278, Apr 15, 2009.

1. jjj5278

jjj5278 New Member

Ok I am pretty sure this has been asked before but I have seen so many different threads and tried to keep track but can't. So here goes.
    I just got my iPod Touch 2nd gen 16gb and I want to get a case for it. I don't want something that will attract dust/dirt/etc. I kind of want the Invisible Shield but I am pretty sure I can not install it b/c I am sure I'd find a way to mess it up. What I want is something w/ a cover for the screen to stop fingerprints and make them easier to remove when they do show up, keeps dust/dirt out. I don't really need it for protection from falling b/c if I do go w/ the invisible shield I plan on "storing" it in something when not in use or when boarding planes, etc. LMK and thanks everybody.

Oh and I would prefer to not spend more than $25 but will consider some that are close.
  2. tktouch12

tktouch12 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    for the screen i use static screen protectors (from griffin) they work great
    i have an invisible shield and it does protect from the dirt and dust
    then i have a rubber incase for the back.
    you could try an IS then something else for drop protection, but some things dont fit over the IS
  3. jjj5278

jjj5278 New Member

I am pretty sure I could not get the IS on, thats the problem. I bought a griffin case and it came w/ a screen protector but the stupid stickers left residue on the protector. I need to find someone near Kenosha, WI that can install the IS for me, lol.
  4. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

screen protectors are such a hassle to put on.
    check out the ivyskin retro touch case. 2 piece hard case that covers the entire touch screen. touch thru technology so you can use the ipod with the case on.

otterbox defender is another case with this type of technology except they use a little film thingy. the defender is a tank though! awesome for protection.
  5. jjj5278

jjj5278 New Member

Are they one piece cases so I don't need to stick the clear thing on and then put the case over it? Thanks for the tips, I will check those out now.
  6. tktouch12

tktouch12 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    i agree, the IS was somewhat difficult, but static screen protectors only take like 5 minutes and mine are always perfect. Actually, the neotouch looks pretty good
  7. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

the defender i think needs a little more time to put on as it has 3 layers!

the ivyskin case is so easy to put on! the case is 2 pieces.
    a back piece and a front piece.
    slip the ipod in the front piece then slip the back piece on.
    piece of cake! looking forward to getting mine!
  8. jjj5278

jjj5278 New Member

I have seen the Otterbox but won't that one pick up dust since its a silicone case? If it attracts dust won't it then get under the case and screen protector?? Man this is harder than I thought, lol.
  9. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

i have heard it collects MINIMAL dust but it is so easy to wipe off and i have heard nothing but good reviews about it. i do not think dust can get under.

scratch out the defender then lol
    did you check out the ivyskin?
    the casemate naked case is the same concept as the ivyskin as well
  10. jjj5278

jjj5278 New Member

Well if the dust can't under then it might be ok still. I am checking out the ivyskin now, but again I am thinking dust/dirt can get under the "touch screen" b/c the two pieces slide together. Ugh I am picky it appears. Do they sell these cases in stores anywhere? My Best Buy has like two cases for touch's.