Newbie Touch User - Small question list.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Shizbizzle, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Shizbizzle

Shizbizzle New Member

Hey guys! Been roaming around the site ever since I got my Ipod touch a few days ago and it's pretty nice but I've still got a few questions before I proceed into jailbreaking my touch.

1. I need to know the exact process for getting apps such as the SNES game player. Is it Downgrade, jailbreak, enter installer.app, click DL? How exactly do I do these things?

2. Using my 1.1.4 new touch right now, I've heard all over I need to "downgrade" to 1.1.1 to be able to jailbreak to get installer.app to be able to download stuff, what exactly does that do to my ipod, other than allowing jailbreak to work? Will it delete some of my current app things like clock or contacts (examples.) What does it do?

3. I've heard when I jailbreak my ipod I can't sync it to itunes and download my music and videos and stuff. COME ON the whole reason I have an ipod is for music lol, is there a simple way to be able to download music from my itunes again? If so, how?

4. If I ever want to go back to my unjailbroken ipod is it simple to do? There's a restore button on itunes when it's plugged into my laptop, it says it restores original settings, will that undo jailbreak or downgrading to 1.1.1?

Thank you so much for reading =D please answer if you can.
  2. monkeysblah

monkeysblah New Member

ok this is really easy to do ok. there is a restore button on itunes it is really easy. You can jailbreak ur ipod touch u dont lose anything. it still syncs to itunes and ur music videos and other things will still be there. installer is easy to use u find the app u want dowenload it u dont like it u can uninstall that application to get out of jailbreak ur gonna have to restore ur ipod to the first day u just click restore. i have 5 pages of app if u need help pm me at egyptnblh
  3. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    OK!

1. Dont really know- sorry

2. You don't HAVE to downgrade...but you can, and some people consider it the easier option (such as myself). There are ways to Jailbreak 1.1.4. Remember, SEARCH!

3. Who ever told you that is a liar and should burn in hell.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. If you have a 1.1.4 iPod, downgrade to 1.1.1 and restore, it will restore it to 1.1.4 UNLESS you tell it to restore to 1.1.1. It will erase music, videos, apps, etc. It will come out the same (or close to) as when you bought it.

And more questions? Need help? PM me!
    +rep if I helped please!

4. Shariqqqqq

Shariqqqqq New Member

1. There are fairly automated jailbreak. programs these days, so don't worry about downgrading. Simply Restore fresh to 1.1.4 and use a program like iLiberty or ZiPhone, (google it.) plug in your iPod and click jailbreak. nothing else.

2. Refer to number one

3. I'm jailbroken 1.1.4 and I have about 500songs and Scrubs season 7 on my ipod all through iTunes. iTunes and your ipod will be fully compatible jailbroken or not.

4. Yes, simply restore your iPod to factory settings and you're good to go.

Hope this helped. If you need help finding iLiberty or ZiPhone PM me.
  5. Shizbizzle

Shizbizzle New Member

So you're telling me I should downgrade to 1.1.1 then jailbreak and get installer, then restore and it will take me back up to 1.1.4 and then I can get all my apps from installer? Sounds good even though I'd have to sync all my music again that might work out nicely...
  6. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    No no no!
    You CAN jailbreak 1.1.4
    You CAN downgrade/ Jailbreak
    IF you DOWNGRADE then RETORE you will have 1.1.4
    IF you RESTORE you will lose EVERYTHING!

Don't feel bad if you're confused. Stay on the forum for a week straight and you will learn EVERYTHING! (not really...but a lot)

(100th post! w00t!)