iOS 3.1 newbie probs with 1st gen itouch

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by bro1278, Oct 18, 2009.

1. bro1278

bro1278 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have had my itouch for a year and 8 months so im not sure what gen it is. I thought I would fig out how to put apps on it so the other day i did some research and i found an up grade 3.1.2 firmeware at itunes store. I downloaded off computer "paid 4.99" to itouch last night and it loaded fine on computer "itunes" but it was loaded on the ipod and it shows loading bar but has stopped a quarter they way down and will not do anything else. It shows the apple and loading bar and has been frozen ever since. It claims in itunes that it is syncing fine but then my ipod is still frozen. I have done a soft reset by holding both buttons down for 5 sec and it ends up in the same mode. I can click on all the icons on itunes like music, video but when I click applications if freezes up itunes and has to close. I dont know what to do. Im sure this has happened in past and there is a tread for it but all i would find was error message threads and mine is not doing that. My ipod is a 8 gig. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Puaar94

Puaar94 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    google dfu + restore and then feedback