Newbie needs assistance

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by blurb4yo, Dec 28, 2008.

1. blurb4yo

blurb4yo New Member

I have been in basic training and AIT for the past 8 moths, so I have not been able to use or do any updates on my Ipodtouch 16gb. I am relatively new to this whole process... I have read up on some of the posts here for assistance but with no avail! Quickpwn was of no help cause I still have the original 1.1 software installed due to the lack of a computer (until now). After I restored the first time; I have not been able to turn the device back on since. The only time it turns on is when it's connected to the computer..which is usually when I attempt to restore the device. I have held the home and power buttons. None of these have worked! I have had these error messages..6,1604,1606 and so so forth. I have had this device for only13 months and used it only 4 months. I can't believe it stopped shortly after the warrany period! Any advice on what to do? -Thanx Newbie
  2. BaseballMVP755

BaseballMVP755 Banned

connect to itunes, hold home for 5 sec, dont let go, and hold power for 10 sec, then let go of power but keep holding home until it connects to itunes. after that, just restore, and then upgrade to 2.2

u'll be able to use the appstore, and a lot more features, then u can jailbreak using the guide for it
  3. blurb4yo

blurb4yo New Member

The computer has no problem detecting the device. I have done that many a times..it says it is still in recovery mode and I need to restore before using itunes. Each time I attempt to restore I keep getting the same error messages! Should I just send the device in for repair?
  4. BaseballMVP755

BaseballMVP755 Banned

well, try going into dfu mode and restore, it might help
    and if it doesnt work, then u need to download the firmware online, and hold the shift button and click restore, then find the 2.2 firmware u downloaded and restore from it
  5. blurb4yo

blurb4yo New Member

I have tried using other computers, removed itunes and reinstall, and have restarted computer as well.
  6. BaseballMVP755

BaseballMVP755 Banned

k, just try what i sed